Home

new to editing question

Predator34

Sorry if my post is in the wrong forum, but I'm not sure what category this question falls under.

I am playing a single player mod map. The person that created this map has the bots set to use some force powers I'd rather not have to play against. I'd like to turn off some of the force powers, and maybe even completely remove some of the bots from the map, but I have no idea how to do this.

I've tried many console commands, but none of them accomplish what I'd like. Bascially to start, I'd like to shut off the bot's use of force lightning and dark rage.

So, do I need to edit the map or are there some single player console commands I am un-aware of? If none of these apply, then can someone clue me in as to how to turn these items off? I don't really want to build my own map, I just want to tweak this one. Also, I should say that I'm not doing this for re-distribution, it's just my own personal project. I'm not doing this for profit or anything like that.

Thanks a bunch to anybody who can help me get started!

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

My first guess would be to edit the botfiles and remove their force powers.

Ok, but all I have is the pk3 file of the map. I've done some searches on botfiles and I think I've found the info I need. I was completely unaware of them as they are packed into the .pk3 file. I was also unaware you can "unzip" a .pk3 file using wipzip.

I think I can figure it out from here.

Thanks a bunch for the clue!! :D

Ok, apparently it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped. I unzipped the .pk3 file. In it I found all the .npc files. I opened them in notepad, edited the force power numerical settings I wanted to, and then saved each file. I quit wipzip, and tested my new settings, but nothing really changed as far as the bots force powers. They all still used force rage or lightning.

Did I miss something? Is there a "proper" way to edit these files, other then unzipping and editing them in notepad? Did I miss a step in the process?

Archived