Home

CMI sound repeats

Stimpson J. Cat

I tried to play recently but whenever the characters talk, after a short while, the voice starts to skip and repeat over and over again untill I close the program. I did the "sound to basic" thing but I still get this problem. My cd was a little scratched, so I made a copy, but I still get the problem, so it's not that. Has anybody else gotten this problem and resolved it? I'm running windows xp.

I just realized the background music does this too.

Thank You

What I have in my head now are two scenarios, of what is actually going on, both of which can't really help you.

One is that you actually did scratch your CD, thus corrupting files on the CD, thus any copies made would have the same corrupted files, or you just said that as a clever excuse for having a copied game which you actually got off of a friend or something. In both cases, i can't help you. On the first case because you simply have corrupted files due to damage and therefore you'll need a replacement game (i.e. buy it) or you have a pirated game whichc is illegal and therefore we won't help you and will simply tel you to obtain a legitimate copy (i.e. buy it).

Archived