Home

Basic Idea: Converting Duel Maps into FFA Maps

razorace

What are your opinion on "converting" the Duel maps into FFA maps so we can have some maps for smaller fighting areas. Unfortunately, all the defualt FFA maps are too big for a smaller number of players (< 5 - 8).

To get the duel maps to play as ffa is very easy, all we have to do is add ffa to the availible gametypes for those maps' .arena files.

What do you think?

Well I don't know about OJP but I plan on making all maps available with all gametypes. I hate big maps for duel only but I also don't like restrictions. There's no reason why you can't use any map with any gametype, aside from Siege of course but I will more than likely try & find a way around that as well.

I didn't clarify, actually I just said that wrong - my mistake & apologies. FFA & Duel (& alike, i.e. TFFA, Power Duel, etc; etc.) are the gametypes most people play so that's where I was mainly going with it but no, I won't be allowing FFA maps in the CTF gametype, however, I will be allowing CTF maps in the FFA gametype. See what I am saying? If there is not something in the actual map itself that doesn't permit it to work properly in that gametype, then I just see no reason why it should be restricted.

Well I also plan on adding a JK2 assets for JK3 pack which will make all the JK2 stuff available for JK3, so that should add some more maps & then I will also probably be doing some map packs.

It's a backburner thing atm, right now my main concern is on the client mods pack.

Archived