Home

More Feats

Celladur

Ok, I've already completed KOTOR a few times and this time I'mgoing to have some fun, I'm just starting playing around with editing the file types but there's one thing I want to do but I can't.

Does anybody know of a way to give yourself more feats?

I know that using the GFF editors I can edit my remaining skill points, but I just can't find the feats listing anywhere.

Any help wpuld be appreciated guys. Thanks.

for hex-editing for feats, the only way i know of to do it is in this thread.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...threadid=119851

then to exchange feats you don't want for new and improved ones try this tool found in the download link in this thread.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120481

and next time, it may be advisable to search the forums before starting a topic already covered elsewhere. ;)

Well, if you want that everybody gets more feats, you can edit the "featgain.2da", I think it's more or less selfdescriptive ;-)

Just ignore the BON-column, give the classes more feats, and then put the modifed 2da into the overridedirectory :-)

HTH

now that is interesting. so, i found an entry for 2da in the data folder. what do you use to open this file itself? if that is what i am supposed to be opening. you said you could edit the featgain.2da with the .gff editor, but i can't open the .2da file itself with it as i get an error code. any help with this would be great. can you use the .gff editor to save the new file? and then you simplty put it in the override folder? can you do the same thing with force powers?

sorry about all the questions. :)

love the signature, by the way.

np, I tend to forget that not everyone is familliar with the 2da-format from the other IE and Aurora games.

The good old 2das were plain old ascii-files, but for the 2.b-2das you need a decompiler (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121024), which will create an 2.0 2da-file (a plain text file, so any normal texteditor will suffice)

Kotor has no problems with uncompiled 2das (V 2.0) in the override directory, why they used an compiled version in the first place is above me

HTH

Edit:

Sorry, stupid me... I should read more carefully *g*

First you have to export featgain.2da from 2da.bif... NWNexplorer(http://www.torlack.com) or any bifextractor will do the job.

And yes, you can change the amount of forcepowers you get, classpowergain.2da is the file for that.

Gloranor may I ask what needs to be altered in order to gain more feats/force powers, Ive decompiled the 2da and have opened the file with wordpad, now I just need to know where to go from there?

Also would it possible to alter the feat.2da or another file so that any of your party becomes force sensitive after they reach a certain level and so is able to gain access to force powers and light sabers?

Many thanks :)

Ok, i will try to explain the layout of the 2das in general and the featgain/classpowergain.2da in specific... hope my not-so-good english and my rather nonexistant teaching/explainingskills will not make it impossible to understand it ;-)

As the name says it is a 2dimensional arry, or, in noncomputersüpeech, a table.

The first (from teh left) column is the the index, which has no real meaning (beside inengineuse), I think it is clear howto add new lines etc. ;-)

The line above are the names, in case of the featgain.2da theese are "label" (which is equivalent to the level in this 2da), *classname*_reg and *classname*_bon. I don't know what the _bon-columns do, but they aren't used anyway, AFAIK.

The reg-column specifes how many feats a char can chosse when he reachs this level, for example,

label  sol_reg
0         1      1

Means that a Soldier can choose one Feat at Level 1.

Now if you want that a Soldier can choose 2 Feats at each levelup, you have to change all noumbers under the sol_reg to "2".. Simmilar, if you want that a Jediguardian can choose a feat every level, you have to change every entry under jgd_reg into a 1 . And if you want that a combat droid (HK-47) gets 2 feats at level 10, you have to go to the label 10 (or index 9), and then go on that line til you get to the column of drc_reg.

Claspowergain is the same, except that there are only 4 columns (label, jcn, jsn, jgd).

As for making all NPCs spellcaster and Lightsaberwielders... I'm almost sure it is possible todo that, but it wouldn't easy...

First you would have to set the class in the classes.2da to a spellcaster, change the forcedie (the amount of base-frocepoints they get per level) and give them a spellgaintable (you could simply reuse one of the original tables, but then they could use the force from the beginning...)

So you have to add a new coulmn in classpowegain, which should "0" gain until you get to the level at which they shoudl be able to use the force... (maybe up to level 9, at level 10 2, and then at level 11-20 1)

That *should* allow them to use the force, but doesn't give them the ability to wield sabers or the special jedifeats. For those you would have to edit the feat.2da, or to be more specific, you would have to change the values of scd/sct/sol_list and _granted of theese feats. For example, if you want that Soldiers, Scounrdels and Scouts can use Ligthsabers (and have Lightsaber Profiencie, as this is needed for wielding Sabers) at Level 12, you have to go to the entry under label which reads "WEAPON_PROF_LIGHTSABER" (index 43), and then goto the columns "scd_list", "sol_list" and "sct_list" and change the value from 4 ("can't get it", AFAIK) to 3 ("will be granted at levelup"), and "scd_granted", "sol_granted" and "sct_granted" to 12 (which means that it will granted to every Soldier, Scout and Scoundrel at the Levelup to level 12).

If you then want to allow every Scd/Sol/Sct to get Lightsaberfocus, you have to change the entries under "***_list" in the line of WEAPON_FOCUS_LIGHTSABER (index 36) to either 0 or 1 (I'm not sure about which one, as it isn't documented...).

as said above, this *should* do the trick... but as I haven't done any experiments, I garantuee for nothing ;-)

BTW, the feat "Force Sensitive" only means that you get 40 more Force Points, AFAIK, and has nothing todo with beeing a jedi *g*

Hope that helps (and that you can make sense of it, if something is unclear, i will try to explain it better...)

Nice one Gloranor many thanks that helps alot :D

You should post that as a mini tutorial.

Another question is it possible edit the 2da to gain normally unobtainable force powers/feats i.e Bastilias Battle Meditation.

I know its possible using KMU.

Yep, the only thing you have to change is the "4" in the ***_list value in the line 94 (Battle meditation) to a 1 (or a 3 and edit the "granted"-level, if you want to grant it :-)).

Same procedure for any other feats.

As for posting it as a minitutorital... well, first I should rewrite it a little bit, I think it is really a bit to zhard to read at the moment :rolleyes:

okay, gloranor. know anything about what causes skill points to be awarded and how to edit that?

also, you do not happen to know where info for your player is stored, do you? here's why i'm asking. i started the game with a soldier and decided i wanted to go scout, so i simply hex-edited the game and changed my class. but, when clothing is put on i am still wearing the default clothing of the soldier. know how to change that?

Skill points are set in the classes.2da file. By eiditing this file you can set how many skill points are given to any class. Just as a test I was able to give all classes enough skill points per level to max out every skill in the game.

Edit: Btw, you can also make any skill a class skill in this file also.

Stator

Archived