Home

Help with Pazaak please

-NGE-

I just can't figure out this game... I can't even beat stupid garouk in the taris upper city cantina... why!! i really wanna play this game cos it seems like it could make me some good money... but i just cant figure it out... so please help me with the following issues cos the tutorial sure doesnt:

- what is the object of the game? what do I need to do and how do I achieve the set goal?

- whats up with those yellow cards...

- what does the "stand" function do, and why is it helpful?

- how come some yellow cards have ridiculously high values like 10?

- why are cards with higher values cheaper than cards with low values? I thought the purpose was to have your opponent reach the 20 value before you do? so if you play a -6 card that would be a good thing, no?

- why is it that every time my opponent reaches 22 or 23 he plays a minus card in the same turn while I can only play one card each turn?

You already know the objective, get a higher score without passing 20.

The stand is to NOT draw any more cards, if you get 18 or 19 you sould stand and the reason of why he pulls a -3 card is because he have it on his side deck, you also have a side deck that you can use to raise and lower your score.

The "yellow" cards is the main deck, each turn a player draws from the deck and can use one of the side deck cards to raise or lower his score on his turn.

The tutorial explains this.

yeah tho I never found the tutorial particularly helpful... as I said, I couldn't even beat Garouk who gives me the tutorial...

ah well I did some scavenging in my datapad and found some info on playing pazaak... at least I managed to win some sets against mission... though i didnt win the match

Archived