Home

Diamond V770 issue ..

Guest Martin L

Guest Martin L

Hi there!

I got a Amd Duron 900mhz, 128 mb and a Diamond V770 graphic card .. and with these specifications, Rogue Squadron should go pretty flawlessly, right?

But it doesnt! At some times, the whole game slows down, especially when I turn the ship around or fly next to big walls ..

And at the "Search of Noonah" mission, every aircraft seems to fly unstable .. it looks like they are jumping in the air .. or something ..

Am I missing something here? Does anyone have the same problem as I do? Could it be my Diamond V770? What's the meaning of life? smile.gif

Regards

/Martin

life... life leads to the fear its the path of the dark side, fear is to anger, anger is to hate... hate is to suffering...

any way, life is:

beer, Sex, and Star Wars

------------------

dmfire.gifzato.gifdmfire.gif

-----------------------

Im Becoming Less Human...

-----------------------

TFA SadShadow.

Tie Fighter Alliance.

www.darkjedi.org

Guest Gold Squadron Leader

Well, that card is not listed as one of the ones supported for RS, but that is only because it is a newer card. The latest Diamond card listed on the supported card list is a Diamond Viper 550 using a nVIDIA RIVA TNT chipset. I have a nVIDIA RIVA TNT2 4XAGP and it works flawlessly. Post the details of your chipset and driver version.

As for life? I don't care what they say, the answer is definitely NOT 42. wink.gif

------------------

Ties are flies, swat'em!

Guest Martin L

My card has a TNT2 chipset, 32 mb onboard, 1 or 2 x AGP ..

The driver version I am using is 4.12.01.0368 .. the one you can find on Diamonds homepage .. they say this driver supports direct x 7 ..

I tried using these commands -s 1 -f 1 -l 0, and the game went a little bit smoother .. but not enough, .. the aircraft are also still jumping around in the air .. wierd ..

I've noticed that the TIE Interceptors are jumpy in this mission too, but since I just bought RS and haven't played past Defection at Correlia, I don't know what their flight behavior is like in later missions (maybe somebody can expand on this?). I suspect that the jumpy flight for the TIE Interceptors is intentional and not a hardware problem, because I've noticed it on my Voodoo 5 5500 AGP as well. The probe droids, ground vehicles, and TIE Bombers should move fairly smoothly though, so if they are jumpy too, then it may be a hardware/software problem after all.

Guest Martin L

Directly at the start on the mission "Search of Noonah" the A-wings that are in front of me are jumpy as hell .. and not just them, all aircrafts in that mission .. I have noticed that the aircrafts are most unstable when there are lots of them, in the level you are playing .. in the second mission "rendezevous .. " something .. all aircrafts seem to be somewhat stable, and there arent many of them in that level ..

As for the slow gameplay, I have tried everything now .. and it's still slow ..

I noticed that my graphic card jumper is set on 1xAGP .. should I move the jumper so the card goes at 4xAGP?

Guest Redwing

Originally posted by Dark Sad Shadow:

any way, life is:

beer, Sex, and Star Wars

DSS, are you feeling okay? No serious mental delusions and the like?

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

I have used the same card on my 600 PIII Intel PC and the Diamond 3.68 drivers with no problems. As a matter of fact, I tried newer 5.32 drivers and had problems with RS. 3.68 are slower, but very stable. I have read where there have been game compatibility problems with the Via chipset drivers and I am guessing you have that chipset. Check your motherboard mfg. for updated drivers. Also, make sure your video card has it's own IRQ. Mine did not and I did have freezing problems until I freed it up. Make sure the fan is working. A lot of Dell owners with that card have had fan failures. Better fans can be purchased IF there is a problem. Sound Card drivers can also cause stuttering problems.

Archived