Home

g_weapondisable # = what weapon?

The KONG

Okay, I'm looking for info on disabling weapons. I've done searches online and all I can find is the following in formation...

- g_weapondisable 65531 = Saber Only (which is wrong but people still say it is right)

- g_weapondisable 524279 = Saber Only (which is right)

- The following settings for JK2 (as far as I know it's right)...

1 (unused)

2 Stun Baton

4 Lightsaber

8 Bryar Pistol

16 Rifle

32 Disrupter

64 Bowcaster

128 Repeater

256 DEMP

512 Flechette Gun

1024 Rocket Launcher

2048 Thermal Detonators

4096 Trip Mines

8192 Detonator Packs

16384 (unused)

32768 (unused)

I am looking for the same type of list for Jedi Academy. Every place I find that has such as list is for JK2 and pretty much every thread i find with people asking for JA people say to go into the game and find out.

So, does anyone know where I can find such a list for JA?

524279 = Saber Only

So I have to assume that Saber = 8... but I'd rather not go into the game and try to figure out the rest.

Can anyone help me out?

These are the ones I discovered by trial and error. I know there are more, but these served my purpose so I didn't pursue it further. Hope it helps!

8 = lightsaber

16 = blaster pistol

32 = blaster rifle

64 = disruptor

128 - bowcaster

256 - repeater

512 - DEMP

1024 - fletchlette

2048 - rocket launcher

4096 - thermal detonators

8192 - trip mines

16384 - det pack

32768 - concussion rifle

Thanks. :)

So this is what we've got so far...

1 ?

2 ?

4 ?

8 Lightsaber

16 Blaster Pistol

32 Blaster Rifle

64 Disrupter

128 Bowcaster

256 Repeater

512 DEMP

1024 Flechette Gun

2048 Rocket Launcher

4096 Thermal Detonators

8192 Trip Mines

16384 Detonator Packs

32768 Concussion Rifle

65536 ?

131072 ?

262144 ?

I know the Stun Baton is missing but I dont' remember if there is one in JA. :p

Are there any other weapons in JA not listed here?

Can anyone add to this?

It's true all the calculators I've seen for JA are just the JK2 one's (example they don't mention Melee or the Concussion Rifle).

However I just assumed they were the same (I honestly haven't tried disabling specific weapons to see if they really work as well in JA).

In JA you don't have a Stun baton (not without cheats anyway or some mod that would enable it), but Melee instead. I figure just substitute one for the other in your settings.

The Concussion Rifle is another story since it's a brand new weapon with no equivalent in JK2.

Then again the Conc is a very rare gun, featured in only 1 of the base JA maps (though the merc heavy weapons has it on Siege Desert). Of the 6 JA Bonus Pack maps 3 of them feature the game (and one of those has two gun pickups). So for the most part it's probably not a gun that most people care about disabling individually.

Still, it would be nice to know the exact numbers for completeness sake.

I tested a few of them and so far the list I have there is right except fot the 6 that are unidentified.

Here's a question that is kinda unrelated. I haven't been getting my emails from lucasforums about people replying. I should be getting them... do they have this disabled?

Update...

I sent myself a PM to see if I'd get the notification email about that and I did so I'm nto sure why i'm not getting the notifications about replies.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the email notification thing is periodically turned off, due to the incredible strain it places on the forums server.

So it would be no surprise if it was turned off again.

As to the PM notification it works for me, as long as I'm logged in when I refresh I'll get a notification of a new PM.

However I don't get PM's notifiying me of topic replies, so that is probably turned off.

About the best you can do is to subscribe to threads (assuming that isn't off too) or else to simply "search for new posts" when you first login. More time consuming, but it works.

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

=X=Master HeX, the author of xMod2, has made a cool web-based server.cfg file generator that calculates force and weapon disable values for you (correct for Jedi Academy, not JK2):

http://www.cat5camp.com/xmod2/server.php

Thanks fo the URL it looks good. It seems to be the same info (force and weapon wise) that i have.

Originally posted by Kurgan

I believe the email notification thing is periodically turned off, due to the incredible strain it places on the forums server.

So it would be no surprise if it was turned off again.

As to the PM notification it works for me, as long as I'm logged in when I refresh I'll get a notification of a new PM.

However I don't get PM's notifiying me of topic replies, so that is probably turned off.

About the best you can do is to subscribe to threads (assuming that isn't off too) or else to simply "search for new posts" when you first login. More time consuming, but it works.

I was having a slight problem with my email, so I was wondering if it was disbaled or I just didn't get it for some reason. I got the IM email notification so I assumed the post email notification was disabled.... just wasn't sure.

It makes sense to disable post email notification. When I tested it the IM email notification was working, not sure if it still is or not.

I found this in the latest JA+ mod server.cfg file.

1 WP_NONE

2 WP_STUN_BATON

4 WP_MELEE

8 WP_SABER

16 WP_BRYAR_PISTOL

32 WP_BLASTER

64 WP_DISRUPTOR

128 WP_BOWCASTER

256 WP_REPEATER

512 WP_DEMP2

1024 WP_FLECHETTE

2048 WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER

4096 WP_THERMAL

8192 WP_TRIP_MINE

16384 WP_DET_PACK

32768 WP_CONCUSSION

65536 WP_BRYAR_OLD

131072 WP_EMPLACED_GUN

262144 WP_TURRET

Originally posted by Kramerika

8 WP_SABER

16 WP_BRYAR_PISTOL

32 WP_BLASTER

64 WP_DISRUPTOR

128 WP_BOWCASTER

256 WP_REPEATER

512 WP_DEMP2

1024 WP_FLECHETTE

2048 WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER

4096 WP_THERMAL

8192 WP_TRIP_MINE

16384 WP_DET_PACK

32768 WP_CONCUSSION

Those are all confirmed in base JKA except for with siege maps where you can't limit weapons and rightly so.

Archived