Home

Corrupt zone header (JA)

Xizor's killer

any idea what this means? This is what's on my console command at the moment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JA: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 24 2003

Initialising zone memory .....

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Zabrak Male.pk3 (36 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Z_Guyver_Algar.pk3 (61 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\yellow_brick.pk3 (7 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\sabers.pk3 (217 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\n1-z.pk3 (13 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Kensai_JA_Hilts.pk3 (110 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\KC_Anakin_JA.pk3 (53 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\human male heads.pk3 (25 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\DOTF2JAPatch.pk3 (22 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\dotf.pk3 (120 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Darth Maul.pk3 (11 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Darth johan.pk3 (9 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Count Dooku.pk3 (9 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Chiss_species_pack_v2.0.pk3 (229 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\Anakin.pk3 (10 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\AMskinpack.pk3 (104 files)

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData/base

----------------------

24780 files in pk3 files

execing default.cfg

couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Z_Free(): Corrupt zone header!

And that's what it is now I can't play SP. Any ideas why?

I had the same problem in Jedi Outcast: if you have too many skin, sound, map, hilt, etc etc pk3 files in your base folder, it can keep the Single Player game from launching, and you have a lot of extra pk3 files in your base folder.

Try removing all of those extra pk3 files except for the ones you really really need\use, then your single player should work.

If it doesn't make a copy of your GameData folder that you use only for Single Player. Remove all those other pk3 files from the Copy of GameData folder and use the jasp.exe program in the copy folder to play single-player.

Originally posted by Xizor's killer

Thanks so want do you advise |GG|Crow_Nest?

Well by the looks of it, you have too many player skins then any other thing else by looking at the error message, so try removing some of them, like amidala said.

If you just installed a new map/mod/skin and got that message after, delete that mod/skin/map.

Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest

Dont think so, back in jk2, i keep like 3x more files than that and i dont get any error. Same goes for JA

He's talking about single player. My multiplayer worked fine even though my single player would give me the same error he listed.

It's not necessarily the number of files, it's the fact that the more you have, the more likely it is that one of them is going to cause a conflict. It's a matter of probability. If you had three times more files and your multiplayer AND single player games still worked, you were just lucky.

And then you told him to do the same thing I told him to do, so what's the difference?

Archived