Home

I Found a way to go higher then level 20

Yes you see it right but all the credits goes out to Tk102

for his great savegame editor.

if you have an savegame open it with the GUI Savegame Editor found at :

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=122049

Open your savegame and you will see level and then your level you have in game for example :

Level 10

Change it to Level 25 (or higher if you want)

Now save the changes with the button at the right

and now play KotOR and see your characters level !!

You're not "really" level 25 in terms of BAB, feats, force powers, and saves, because featgain.2da, cls_atk_1.2da and cls_atk_2.2da (which determine BAB), cls_st_[Class].2da (which determines saves), and classpowergain.2da (Force power gained) only list feats gained, BAB, force powers, and saving throws up to level 20.

Ok, could the tables be updated to reflect the higher levels?

I suppose that the level cap is hardcoded. And as it stands now, there is not really enough enemy encounters to raise much higher than 20th, but with the developing add ons it might be nice to be higher levels.

Stuff to think about...

Originally posted by Obex

Ok, could the tables be updated to reflect the higher levels?

I suppose that the level cap is hardcoded. And as it stands now, there is not really enough enemy encounters to raise much higher than 20th, but with the developing add ons it might be nice to be higher levels.

Stuff to think about...

maybe if you rush through the game...

Well, What could be done is to increase the amount of Exp. to level up for the later levels while also uping the number of feats attribute points, skills and force points to reflect a more powerful character. Then you could sortof get a lvl 30 character without that much trouble and it would minimze the game unbalancing.

But as always I will also recomend useing Talchia's Hardcore mod (what ever happend to him anyway :confused: )

You can level yourself back down, but swkotor remembers what abilities you got at each level -- when you level down, it'll take away your previously gained abilities. But of the course, the editor can give those back to you. I mentioned this in the readme.txt file that comes with the editor too.

Changing your level seems kind of "empty" to me, but people like to do it anyway I guess.

-- off topic:

T7 -- speaking of Talchia, he has a pretty descriptive tutorial at his Swoop Modding Garage site. Might be worthwhile putting that in your sticky.

Ha ha. You're the second person today who's asked me about the 'beta' status label. It's just there to give me an excuse to keep improving the editor. Really, I don't know what the 'full' version should be. I'm working on adding the ability to edit global variables right now, but I don't have a long list of plans right now.

:comp9:

Archived