Home

Force Replication Mod released

Link & screenshot:

http://alvin777t.tripod.com/

Adds a new set of force powers.

Level 1: Creates one body replicant, lvl 5 req.

Level 2: Creates two body replicants, lvl 8 req.

Level 3: Creates three body replicants, lvl 10 req.

The body replications will last for about 40 seconds.

It costs 30 Force point to cast it and it is a

neutral force power. You can summon the replications

as many as you like. The replicants will fight enemies along with you.

i'm sorry im not really at a point where i can test a whole lot of mods that depend on being a jedi, to do that i've been using the padawan mod, meaning i'm only level one, so what exactly does this mod do? i'm guessing it creates jedi decoys for enemys to attack??

and just out of curiosity how do you go about making new force powers (or feats)? i've been thinking for a while now that i want to add a few more offensive powers to my lightside jedi's repetoir and a few more defensive to my dark jedi's

The replicants will act like a party member (although they are not) and attack enemies. After 40 seconds, they disappear.

As for how did I do this, take a look at the spell.2da and scroll to the bottom. You will see the new entries for the three new spells that I put. At that row, you can see that there is a column name "impactscript". This is the script that is used whenever you fire up that particular spell. All I did was to edit the script file and add this new replication script in it. Or alternatively, you can point out a new script to be called by changing the "impactscript" field.

Greetings:

I installed the files in the Override directory.

While they show up in the Force Power window upon level up (Bad SRef of note), they are not selectable force powers upon leveling.

Is there a level requirement?

Thank you.

Originally posted by gameunlimited

errr... what do you mean by that? Sorry, I am not a big D&D follower if those are D&D terms.

I'm not really a D&D expert either, but Cleave is basically a feat that allows you an extra attack after killing an enemy. For example, if you're surrounded by three sand people, and you kill the first one, then you get a "free" attack on the next one.

This would be extremely cool if you could do something like this. I'm not sure if it's feasible, but then you are much better at this modding thing than I am. :)

Originally posted by dynamicnet

Greetings:

I installed the files in the Override directory.

While they show up in the Force Power window upon level up (Bad SRef of note), they are not selectable force powers upon leveling.

Is there a level requirement?

Thank you.

Yes, I know that there is a Bad SRef writtings on the spell description. THat is because I do not want to update the master .tlk file that contains all the texts in the game. updating it to suit this mod's need will mean that you have to download a big chunk 5 meg file. If you read the readme, they do have the level requirement, 5, 8 and 10 respectively.

Gameunlimited, this is just too cool. I tweaked my savegame editor to grant these new force powers and try 'em out. Here's some feedback:

• I like the icons!
  • During combat, I expected to see the the power option in the hostile indicator rather than the friendly indicator, but I suppose that doesn't matter too much.
  • My character was wearing Mandalorian armor (with helmet) when I invoked this power -- it worked, but my simulacrums had no heads. I wonder how this works if say, Zaalbar was a jedi with this power....

You've also opened a can of worms with this mod -- by granting new force powers , you've appended the spells.2da file. There is currently no "document control" on mods to ensure interactivity. So while your mod uses the new slots 132, 133, and 134, someone else may come along later and try to make a mod that also uses those slots. If there were a centralized location (MOTOR perhaps) where modders could "sign up" for feats/powers slots, they could then design their mods around each other and there would be no conflict in the .2da file.

But let me say again, this is very cool. Now I'm going to have to figure out how to support these types of mods with KSE. Right now feats and powers are hardcoded into KSE -- but I suppose I'll have to decrypt feats.2da and spells.2da that exist in the override folder...

Finally -- is there any chance you could provide the .nss that went into making this mod? I'm sure everyone would like to see more feats and powers in the game.

Good job!

It seems pretty powerful. I'd either reduce the hitpoints of the clones or increase the force cost. Probably the former, because when your other NPCs you probably don't have a whole lot of Force Points left anyway and this power could save your butt by distracting the enemy.

id say lower the hit points to say 2/3 os the current amount , and then lower the amount of time they stay to 30 seconds , this should give you time to either use force heal/cure or run away

maybe limit the amount of replicants that you can summon at once ?

I'm not really a dnd person either but lightsabers scream cleave feat. But as far as i understand it cleave baiscly means you cut through one enemy and into another(thus the extra attack), great cleave might be too much though. so how about adding this and making it require master power attack?

tk102, jackel:

Thanks for the inputs. I will tone down the power of the replicants in the next release. As for making a limited number of replicants at one time, that how the mod originally was. But I thought it would be more fun if you can summon a lot and whack the enemies very badly.

pie_man:

I started this myself. I don't think there is any tutorial on how to do this. As for how did I do this, I don't know where to start explaining. I did mention the basic thing that I did in my previous post above but that was just the basic idea. Ask me a more specific question or PM me, I will do as I can to help you.

Weser_Cain:

Passive feats such as cleave are handled differently than force powers. I will take a look at it and see if I can do that.

Dufflover:

Forgive my bad name choosing, I didn't bother to come up with a better and more reasonable name. Is Force Projection supposed to be in the PnP Starwars game? Because I am not basing this from the PnP game at all, I just chose a random name that came up to my mind heh.

Great mod dude, if only they would last longer, you should up the time to 80 seconds. Also if u could, it'd be nice to have a generate droid power, builds droids that last for 90 seconds and weild sabers, and have sheilds yet have little health. Or an ability that looks like lightning yet causes puddles of adhesive, sorta like the adhesive grenade

Oh and a tiny little nothing to worry about bug, if u enter another area and leave ur doubles behind, when u come back they will last another 40 seconds and will look different, as I said, nothin to worry about, just mentioning this little glitch

• 3 weeks later...

Archived