Home

The first relevant Rogue Leader post ever in this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynk Former

Guest Redwing

Lynk the last link you put up doesn't seem to worl very well...so I'll just post the images here biggrin.gif

rogueyum1.jpg

rogueyum2.jpg

rogueyum3.jpg

Look at those and tell me this ISN'T looking to be the best SW flight sim ever created. biggrin.gif

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Guest flamin_tie

hate to be gloomy gus here...but to be completely honest...RS2 doesnt hold a flame to Starfighter....they havent spent nearly the time in program code...all they did was revamp the original RS coding to fit the cube graphics.

Guest Rogue15

Wait a second! They've been spending at least 3 years on rogue leader, they've had more than enough time for the program code, would be nice if they'd take more time though and put alot of cool details and features in it tho. like running on foot as stormy or rebel trooper, better yet I WANT TO CONTROL AN AT-AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

sword2.gifat_at.gif

lightsaberaqua.gif

Guest Redwing

Ha, ha ha. LOL. This ain't a strfighter forum, and you have no clue what you are talking about. Who CARES how much time they spend on programming? And how on earth do you know what the developers are doing?

The graphics are the best in any SW flight sim yet. And watch the Quicktime preveiw movies to see JUST how good it looks.

I don't get your point! RS2 is going to be FAR better than Starfighter!

------------------

Guest Rogue15

heh, Redwing, have u even played starfighter? i haven't. so i can't judge it. besides, u can't compare 2 games from 2 half centuries. haha.

------------------

sword2.gifat_at.gif

lightsaberaqua.gif

I don't know... i heard some rumors that LA had lots of troble with the new flight config. It works now, but it still follows the old skool tendencies, markedly, flying into the ground on reverse axis...

------------------

Explode-06.giftitle2.gifExplode-06.gif

Guest Red Leader Ace

Wow! Those pics look coooool!! That's one game I'm definately going to get. Do you know when it'll come out for the PC? I've only heard about RS2 on the Gamecube so far. Have LucasArts made a release date for the PC version. If yes, please tell me!

Guest Rogue15

btw, what do you mean by 'flying into the ground on reverse axis'? do you mean like pushing foreward makes you go down and pulling back makes the nose go up?

------------------

sword2.gifat_at.gif

lightsaberaqua.gif

Guest flamin_tie

Oy...okay---starfighter is much better by looking on a few fronts...

1) Graphics- RS2 does have DECENT graphics...but sheer data size goes to Starfighter. (btw- I did fight for a Starfighter forum here...all my requests were shot down.)

2) Storyline- If RS2 will be anything like RS, the story will suck. Don't get me wrong, I loved RS, but the story had no point to me. at least in starfighter you are following a progressive story line that includes more than one character. And the ships kick arse.

3) PRICE!!!- First off, the cube system is gonna cost a fortune, and is only a quick-fix to catch up to sony and sega's latest systems, and it is gonna cost you a small fortune. On top of that, if we have learned anything from nintendo's game sales, the cube games are going to be costing upwards into 70 bucks a piece....at least with PS2 games like SF, its an even 50 or less.

----------------------------

"I have found my cause...to bring the alliance to it's knees...

Bring it on."

Guest Rogue15

would u like me to ask lujayne to make a starfighter forum? i have access to provisional council...

------------------

at_at.giftn_atatdrver.jpg

I am AT-AT Driver.

Guest Redwing

Originally posted by flamin_tie:

1) Graphics- RS2 does have DECENT graphics...but sheer data size goes to Starfighter. (btw- I did fight for a Starfighter forum here...all my requests were shot down.)

2) Storyline- If RS2 will be anything like RS, the story will suck. Don't get me wrong, I loved RS, but the story had no point to me. at least in starfighter you are following a progressive story line that includes more than one character. And the ships kick arse.

3) PRICE!!!- First off, the cube system is gonna cost a fortune, and is only a quick-fix to catch up to sony and sega's latest systems, and it is gonna cost you a small fortune. On top of that, if we have learned anything from nintendo's game sales, the cube games are going to be costing upwards into 70 bucks a piece....at least with PS2 games like SF, its an even 50 or less.

1) LOL!!! I've seen Starfighter graphics and RS2 graphics and the difference is huge! Watch the movie previews! That's a seriously bad argument.

2) It's gonna be the movies storyline this time around. Not an original one like RS. So the movie missions are the central focus not an aside like in RS.

3) I wouldn't know.

------------------

Guest Rogue15

OH YEAH!!!!! SWEET!!!! JUST LIKE FORCE COMMANDER!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Force Commander started off searching for r2 and c-3po. that's awesome that rogue leader will sorta be the same.

------------------

at_at.giftn_atatdrver.jpg

I am AT-AT Driver.

Guest Redwing

~L isn't likely to read this (though I could be wrong biggrin.gif ) try in the Downtime Pilot's Lounge section

------------------

We will never get to reveal ourselves to the Jedi!

When do we get our revenge?

[This message has been edited by Redwing (edited August 07, 2001).]

Archived