Home

Latest Fiction

Haven't been any new X-Wing books in ages (since before NJO, I believe).

Zahn's latest is Survivor's Quest, which follows the Hand of Thrawn duology, references the original Thrawn Trilogy foreshadows NJO, and will be (eventually) followed by a Clone War Era prequel (involving the Outbound Flight Project). I really wish they'd gotten Zahn to write an NJO story or two.

As for the "best," that's so subjective a judgement that I refuse to make it (my personal tastes are so unique that I'm usually in a minority of one). Anything by Zahn is good, of course, but beyond that, all I can recommend is to just grab a book at random in the shop and judge based on the cover blurb.

The problem is all the current SW books are covering the movies or NJO. And tend to be written by Fantesy writers instead of Science fiction writers. SW is space opera, and it is actaulyl very difficult to get the right feel without making it into a Fantesy book with Techie gadgets. Also a lot of SW writers take liberties on how THEY think it should be. Paiting the Falcon black, or C3PO purple, or re-inventing Force powers jsut show the authors lack of imagination.

New SW tim zahn booK? kewl have to pick it up when i get a new job and money

Argh Now im even more confused I know i finished the Thrawn Trilogy, but not sure if I read the first Hand of Thrawn book, All i remember is that the last one I read was massive and was printed on "bible paper" (that really thin paper which you find in, well, the bible :))

Anyway if someone can point out to me where I left off I'll probably read that one again and then move onto the next.

I know that this is kind of the popular consensus pick, but my fav SW book is Shadows of the Empire. Im a SLOW reader and I finished that book in 2 sessions; I coulnd't put it down. The author's name was Perry right?? Ha he done any other EU books?? Personally, I thought any NJO books sucked :)

Truce at Bakura was great too.....

Archived