Home

adding skins to a server v1.03 JKO

FOXKX

Can someone tell me how i go about adding skins to a dedicated server for JK2 v1.03.

I have a friend who has a server running 24/7, but he doesnt know how to make skins available....

Is it the same process that anyone who created a normal server at home would do??

I need information

PLZ HELP.

Basically, I'd its pretty much the same process, though it depends on whether the people joining the server have the skins or not. It's usually best to create an unpure dedicated server, so that even if they don't have the skins, the people joining can still enjoy themselves. But then again, if it's for a clan, then you can have a pure, or unpure, dedicated server.

well he basically just wants it so poeple can join.... and use skins if the server has them.... he doesnt want it so that when u try to join it makes u download the new b4 getting in... he deinatley dont want it that way...

so which way is best for that?

and was it still that same process?

and in does he have to change the option for allow downloads?

Im thirsting for info on this lol

Unlike maps and certain other mods, the server will not auto-download skin files. Having them on the server is necessary only if you are running a "pure" server. For others to see your non-standard skin, they must have the same skin file, no matter what server you are on. Otherwise, you will look like Kyle to them.

It's best to run an unpure server and leave the skin files off the server.

ok so does he actually have to make server unpure and turn 'allow downloads' to yes?

or just click 'allow downloads' to yes?

if your confused reading this reply, start from the top of this thread.

OK i will tell him to try this.. thx

ill let u know how it went

i got him to put 'sv_allowDownloads' to 1, but the server is still pure..

i went in and the skins dont work... so ill try it the way u said

Archived