Home

Taris mod

LukeKatarn

Yeah I tried that. It screws up the game in some interesting ways.

1. There's no landing scene for Taris (big surprise).

2. The Ebon Hawk has a space skybox.

3. All globals are reset for Taris, so you start off just like you do when you first arrive -- in the Apartment, protecting aliens from the Sith in the hall etc.

3. As soon as you step off the Ebon Hawk, you appear outside the apartment and you have lost the Ebon Hawk. (Well, you could probably replay Taris is in its entirety to get it back.)

4. In the apartment, only the Tarisian NPCs are visible (no Jolee, HK47, Canderous, or Juhani). But when you leave the apartment you can still choose them.

If you're curious you can add the following lines of code to the beginning of k_pebn_galaxy.nss.

SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE);
       SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE);

If you'd just like your Galaxy Map to show Taris without actually travelling to it, just add the first line.

well i am no expert here but i know that you could edit the taris models to make something new that would be taris but slightly different enough maybe to let you go to it afterwords. i forgot who it was but one guy was working on a dantoine mod so he could go back and fight people there, so i think it would be possible, and then being there is a taris thing on the map maybe you could make it go to the altered version. it would take some time and you would have to edit a lot of things on taris to let you go there but it might be possible.

Archived