Home

Custom Compile?

Jedi_Vogel

I read on another thread a guy who wanted to make a JA map work in JO.

Copying textures over is OBVIOUS :p However, it was mentioned to do a compile with game -jo (or something to that effect), but this doesn't appear in Radiant.

I am mapping in JA but would like for it to work in JO as well, how can I do this compile when the time comes?

use the command:

q3map -game jo yourmapname.map

from radiant you can enter this in file|project settings.

The best way to do this is to probably edit an existing command and replace all references of -game ja to -game jo. this will add a new command rather than overwriting it.

Alternatively, there is a small 3rd party applet that uses a windows gui to let you set options to your hearts desire. Search on pcgamemods or jk3files for this as I have completely forgotten what it's called.

The final option it to learn how to use the command line interface - you can find help for this on http://www.shaderlab.com.

Batch file! Screw that stupid Q3Map2! Ahem...

Save this as compile-jo.bat in your base\maps directory (that's not .bat.txt! so make sure hide file extensions is off)

@"D:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2.exe" -v -game jo -fs_basepath "D:/JAEDIT/GameData/" -meta %1
@"D:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2.exe" -v -game jo -fs_basepath "D:/JAEDIT/GameData/" -vis %1
@"D:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2.exe" -v -game jo -fs_basepath "D:/JAEDIT/GameData/" -light -fast -samples 3 -patchshadows -bounce 8 -bouncescale 1.4 %1
@echo Full compile done!
@pause

You need to change a few things:

1) the D:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4\q3map2.exe bit on the 3 lines to the path to your q3map2.exe, as you can see it's in the GTKRadiant directory.

2)D:/JAEDIT/GameData/ needs to be changed to the path to the gamedata folder for JA using / instead of \.

Now all you have to do is drag and drop a .map file into this bat file and it will compile it for JO! Be sure to include any JA textures you use in your PK3 for the JO version including shaders - ideally don't use any JA textures!

Neat :D Thanks Wade :D

I have a nice little compile-jo.bat in my maps folder now :D

Say, I'm thinking of possibly -not- having vehicles on this map, so I can have decent JO-JA compatibility.

If I decided I did want the vehicles is this possible or am I pushing the realms of possibility?

Many thanks again :)

I used to use batch files in my quake/half-life days when Worldcraft's built in compile options were crap and didn't work, but I REALLY cannot be arsed to set them up anymore.

but yeah, Batch files are probably a lot better to use than compiling in Radiant as it will let q3map2 use 100% of your system resources, rather than having Radiant hog a load of it.

You'll be surprised how much quicker it is

Archived