Home

Is the combat in SWG boring ?I dont have the game yet.

reelguy227

Is the combat in SWG boring?I dont have the game yet.Please vote on my poll!!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is the combat in SWG boring?I dont have the game yet.Please vote on my poll!!!

• Yes
    • No
    • Kind of

Hi all, is the combat in SWG boring ,it sounds kind of boring because I heard that once you attack you keep on attacking untill the person is dead whats the point of doing any of the work if you just click the mouse or punch a key once?It sounds rather boring.Is it?I dont have the game yet but am looking forward to getting it but the combat system kind of has made me consider not

getting it .Can you turn auto-targeting off?Thanks much!!!!

Reelguy227

Yes, you keep on attacking until the person is incapped, dead, or you cancel the attack. You can still run around, and that is usefull against say a TKA (Teras Kasi Artist = martial arts). You want to keep them at a distance if you are a marksman or you'll get punched down. It's also usefull against other marksmen as you become harder to hit. However, running around also makes it harder for you to hit the enemy properly. It will take you longer to incap your oponment, but it can save your life to.

If you want to win however you will have to use special moves or make special shots/kicks/stabs/punches to deal out more damage and/or some special conditions, such as knockdown, make your target dizzy, temperarly blind them, change their posture from standing and running at you to kneeling so you can increase your distance for instance, etc ......

There are some thinking involved into combat, and tactics is usually a good winner. :)

Archived