Home

GB.com chat room

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

good idea

We should also set a time. I cant do sundays too late, so how does 7pm GMT sound?

DMUK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarthMaulUK

Couldnt make it sorry guys.

England v France was on TV and i couldnt miss it...although now, i wish i did!

DMUK

Yes, I was quite surprised at the amount of time it took you to get to T2, saber...

General Nitro requested a battle report, so I'll do my best. The problem is I didn't really witness the huge battle that must have taken place between pbguy and saberhagen... unless saber really did play as porrly as he suggests and there wasn't much of a battle at all... perhaps one of those two can fill us in.

So, on to what I do know. The game consisted of myself (Naboo) and pbguy1211 (Rebels) on one team and lukeiamyourdad (Rebels) and saberhagen (Confederacy) on the other. For my own part, I managed to snag two holocrons early on which I was happy about. I went pretty much unmolested all the way up to T3. After I'd been in T3 a while, pbguy alerted me to a huge army that luke had amassed just out of range of my sensors. Pbguy was concerned as he thought I had no army, but I had a rather large air force hidden away at the back of my base... you see there was a clearing in the middle of a forest behind my base that I thought was the perfect place to set up my hidden airbases. Well luke was holding off from attacking me for a strange reason, which was fortunate because had he attacked he probably would have been victorious. I had a fortress up, covered by a shield, and luke later said the presence of these things made him think I had a large force ready for him. So any way, I decided to attack his army before he attacked me. Unfortunately as I had been amassing my army, I had somehow lost the hotkey for my group of bombers... I think I accidentally linked my cannons to the hotkey I had for the bombers. So my fighters, troopers, strike mechs and crusaders rushed into combat without bombers... once I realised my bombers hadn't received the call to battle, I zoomed around my base frantically searching for them, which meant my army had to rely on their own AI rather than my commanding them to what I wanted to do. Thankfully pbguy was nearby and must have seen my army being wiped out so he pitched in. By the time my bombers finally got there, half of luke's force was dead, and my bombers and pbguy's army made short work of the rest.

While I rebuilt my army, pbguy staged his campaign against saberhagen. I realised I should have researched the holonet by now, and gained pbguy's vision in time to see that most of saberhagen's resistance had been smashed. I sent in my bombers and cannons to help out with some building destruction, and by the time my army was back up to strength saberhagen had been defeated. Pbguy and I moved our forces to just outside luke's base, and as we had just killed a few of luke's workers, we could both easily afford Bothan spies. Well, the sight that greeted our Bothans was amusing... luke's new army consisted entirely of troopers. He later said this was because he had run out of Nova (I couldn't help feeling sorry considering my holocrons were doing well and I still had two untouched deposits of Nova near my base). He had about 100 or so each of AA Troopers and Repeaters. I sat there looking at all the AA Troopers and thought I was in trouble. So I did something I would never usually do... I bought an Air Cruiser. Pbguy had just built some helpful facilities outside luke's base, and he had the perhaps more logical idea of buying assault mechs. Well let's just say that a handful of assault mechs and one air cruiser make short work of 200 troopers. In no time at all, lukeiamyourdad was also defeated.

So remember everyone, join us next week and you too can play a great game of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds!

Sorry, guys, I was busy all day today. We had a family get-together thing, and I couldnt get out. Not that it really matters, cause I just realized that I never reinstalled CC after reinstalling Windows (ironically due to the stupid trojans I get from this site), and I lent away my CC CD. So, until I get that back, all I can play is SWGB vanilla.:(

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

It was a nice game though I expected better of saberhagen. Seemed like he slept through the game.

That's a fair comment. I don't think I was really in the right mood for gaming yesterday. I can't believe I took over 16 minutes to T2 with all that free food around. I could still have come back from there, but again I made some wrong tactical decisions. By the time the first wave of pbguys troopers arrived I'd made T2, built enough troopers and got the firepower upgrade, so I saw them off and built more troopers, but then I sent all my troops to attack his base, leaving my base undefended. While my troopers were getting nowhere fast among his house walls and turrets, his mounites appeared and started chewing up my base. It was too late to bring my troopers back (they were getting sluaghtered by a strike mech anyway) and too late to build enough new ones (the ones I'd been building got overhwlemed). I hit the T3 button, but that just wasted resources, and my CC was gone before the research finished. I built another one near my turret and just about managed to hold the mounties off long enough to go T3 again. I also had some workers hunting and fishing way off to the other side of my base, so they made another CC over there. I built a fort to hold off Vostok and tried to boom but I was too far behind to threaten anyone. Vostok got to T4 quite fast and knocked down my fort with cannons, which I couldn't counter because there was a huge cloud of fighters guarding them. More mounties and air raids and I was totally gone.

"If both of you haven't Bothan Spynet you would've been crushed by my huge trooper army. Oh well..."

No, because as you stated, you were out of nova... I wasn't. And I had a considerably sized front outside your base and could simply pump out more units. You had a large army of over 200 I believe, but the problem is you didn't have enough workers or resources left to hold us off at that point.

Oh well... looky yourselves: Game in a zip

Master Zila = me

If both of you haven't Bothan Spynet you would've been crushed by my huge trooper army. Oh well...
I tend to disagree with this as well. Though pbguy's assault mechs made short work of everything, I think even if I had have flown in my entire swarm of fighters and bombers I would have managed to overcome your aa troopers. They were all standing so close together, with my area-effect bombers I'd be able to kill faster than you. But I would have taken far greater losses than the way things worked out.

Archived