Home

** Download Free Trial **

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Seeing that offering Fileplanet members a free download didnt work, Lucasarts have now opened the download to everyone with a 14 day free trial.

With so many new MMORPG's on the way, Lucasarts/SOE have their work cut out to keep what players they have left and encourage new ones to join. I guess they havent figured out that the game needs actual star wars content.

Anyway, for those of you unsure, visit

http://www.lucasarts.com/products/galaxies/splash.htm

and give it ago. Like it or loathe it, at least it wont cost anything.

You will need a fileplanet or gamespy account but you wont need to pay anything.

*ps*

The website is very slow. Also, my favourite quote from LAs website ' the fastest growing MMORPG in North America' - funny

DMUK

I downloaded this 14-trial demo but it asks me for an elusive "account key" that I obviously dont have since I havent bought the game. I read people saying "it comes with the download" but thats not alot of help. Where exatly do you get this?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Interesting. have you looked for a txt file? Or maybe email Sony techsupport via the website

DMUK

I got the key in an email - it was also in my browser window at some stage.

Does anyone know if you can continue your DEMO characters (it would seems wise that you could - but who knows!). And can there be a gap between the DEMO ending and your purchase of the full game.

How much is it monthly-yearly-eternally?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Its $14 US Dollars a month with small discounts for 6 months or a year purchase subscriptions.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Its hard to say. In most cases accounts are open for 3 months. Waiting for Jump to Lightspeed is a big gap, especially as there is no confirmed date, although October seems to be the industry unconfirmed date.

I will be in contact with Lucasarts over the next few days and will be putting a couple of these questions to them to gauge a response.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Yes you can download from any of the servers and the game will work - but be prepared for a long download unless you have an account with fileplanet to access their quick servers.

DMUK

PS: welcome to SW.Galaxies.net

You can sign up for a free account in fileplanet, which is a Gamespy account, Gamespy owns fileplanet and every other somethingplanet.com, so when you get a free gamespy account it will give you access to all of these sites, and yes im afraid you do have to give away your email address.

Archived