Home

publish 11 combat balance?

reelguy227

Yes, the long awaited Combat Balance. They're revamping all the combat proffessions and changing the way combat works. They're trying to balance all the proffessions, because right now TKA and Riflemen are way overpowered, carbiners are broken, and whatever else you can think of.

Specifically, there will be an equip delay when you equip armor/weapons, and you will run slower with a big gun than you will with say a pistol.

Probably most importantly, they are ditching the old speed equation. The old equation was exponential. So gaining speed early on hardly helped, but once you got to around 80-90 speed, each point in your speed mod drastically improves your actual speed. And when you have 100 speed or over, then you will fire any gun, any special at the speed cap. That means if you had +100 rifle speed, you could fire a 10.0* speed rifle using a special with a X6 delay modifier, ONCE EVERY SECOND. Here's a link to a good site with info on the current speed equation.

So they are fixing that. Slow weapons will remain slow, even at master levels, but won't be as slow as they are at novice levels.

**If you're not familiar with speed in SWG, lower number is better. IE 2.0 if pretty fast 4.0 is kind of slow, 1.3 is WAY fast 6.0 and is WAY slow

The Combat balance will also be accompanied by a modification to buffs and armor, both of which are way overpowered at the moment. Composit armor, which was intended to be fairly rare, is worn by everyone and lots of people have suits with up to 90% resists. I've heard that the change will bring the max of any armor resist to 50%.

Buffs are overpowered, because they go to such ridiculous heights that your original stats are negligible in comparision. Buff can give you +2500 points to most of your stats. A normal, unbuffed person usually has no more than 1000 to their pools, and even less for their secondary stats.

So thats being fixed too.

Originally posted by JawaJoey

Yes, the long awaited Combat Balance. They're revamping all the combat proffessions and changing the way combat works. They're trying to balance all the proffessions, because right now TKA and Riflemen are way overpowered, carbiners are broken, and whatever else you can think of.

Specifically, there will be an equip delay when you equip armor/weapons, and you will run slower with a big gun than you will with say a pistol.

Probably most importantly, they are ditching the old speed equation. The old equation was exponential. So gaining speed early on hardly helped, but once you got to around 80-90 speed, each point in your speed mod drastically improves your actual speed. And when you have 100 speed or over, then you will fire any gun, any special at the speed cap. That means if you had +100 rifle speed, you could fire a 10.0* speed rifle using a special with a X6 delay modifier, ONCE EVERY SECOND. Here's a link to a good site with info on the current speed equation.

So they are fixing that. Slow weapons will remain slow, even at master levels, but won't be as slow as they are at novice levels.

**If you're not familiar with speed in SWG, lower number is better. IE 2.0 if pretty fast 4.0 is kind of slow, 1.3 is WAY fast 6.0 and is WAY slow

The Combat balance will also be accompanied by a modification to buffs and armor, both of which are way overpowered at the moment. Composit armor, which was intended to be fairly rare, is worn by everyone and lots of people have suits with up to 90% resists. I've heard that the change will bring the max of any armor resist to 50%.

Buffs are overpowered, because they go to such ridiculous heights that your original stats are negligible in comparision. Buff can give you +2500 points to most of your stats. A normal, unbuffed person usually has no more than 1000 to their pools, and even less for their secondary stats.

So thats being fixed too.

joey where did yu get all that info ,id like to read about it on that sight for myselft ?whats the link to that sight?

The speed equation has been confirmed by SOE, I'm not sure where they said it though, but we know it's right, it just doesn't make sense. There was a link into the speed equation site in my post, but here's the url:

http://killyourpc.org/swg/speedguide.html

The stuff I heard about what is coming in the combat balance is a compilation of stuff I heard on the official SWG message boards. A lot of it was just revealed at the fan fest and I read some of the interviews on the boards, and some of the stuff, like the equip delay, are already on the Test Center server.

Archived