Home

Galaxies hits problems in the UK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

For those of you wishing to buy Galaxies, in certain parts of the UK, the game has hit a major problem.

In many cases, the CD Key doesnt work. This is because they sent the game out with dozens of matching CD keys. This happened 2 months ago but since then, stocks of the game have NOT been replaced in most GAME stores.

If you have a problem with your CD Key, contact tech support, or Activision, who distribute the game.

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Done a bit more digging around.

It seems that this problem is wide spread but a hit and miss affair. Also, almost no GAME stores has seen a copy of the game in a couple of months.

Maybe Activision are trying to create a demand for the game like EA did with The Sims.

Cant find out much more unless I wine and dine the PR rep @ Activision and she isnt the most attractive thing on the planet!

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

I saw one copy in WHSMITHS today @ £20. But if it works, i dont know.

Who knows what will happen. Make a re-package and a relaunch. It hardly sold in the UK

DMUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

Wasnt so much because of the credit card thing - although internet security (or lack of) has always been an issue.

Just the fact the game launch was quiet, and the fact its still waiting to have a review with a score over 70%!

DMUK

it got 75 in PC Zone.

why is it MMOGs think it's ok to release bug ridden half finished (content wise) games?

i beta'd it and when they annoced they were going to retail i was shocked, i was still reporting 5-10 bug reports a day (i couldn't bring myself to play it for more than an hour).

the game is good now (i've got the trial), BUT the thing that stopping me is lack of payment options (and many other people)

They don't take Solo (which any site selling to the UK worth it's cotton sock does),

they don't accept any methods such as paybycash (which most MMOGs do)

They don't sell the game cards in the UK

speaking of which does anyone know of sites selling game cards that take solo and ship to the UK

also the fact that you can't post on the forums without buying the game (offical forum) mean any popenital customers cannot ask questions.

sony = ****

Guest DarthMaulUK
Originally posted by gunner_uk2000

it got 75 in PC Zone.

And I know how easy it is to sway PC ZONE. Probably the worst magazine in the UK for reviews. Did you notice the double spread advertisement for Galaxies in there a few months back? Advertising = above what it should get score.

DMUK

Archived