Home

Free trial??!!!

grim101

Well I decided to try out the free trial. When I launch the installer, I go through all of the steps. When the installer wants to install files it says I require a rediculus ammount of space on drive C: (1.3 ghz) and it starts copying my game to drive C: which has my windows files on!! I would love to be able to play this free trial, and be able to delete the files off my C: drive that was from the failed install, but I cannot find the location of the install! What is up with this?! So I need to install it on my C: drive, so it can FU*% up my computer in the process? Now after this failed install I have about 500mb left on my C: drive when before I had a bunch more. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me anyone. I would love to play this trial, but I do not want it installed on C:! PLease help me!

-Grim101

Guest DarthMaulUK

The folder should be called galaxies.

Click on START, then Search. and type in galaxies.

The game itself is over 2gig and with every update, increases the amount needed. Once Space Expansion is released, that will require even more hard drive space.

Although i havent installed the trial, it should give you an option to install onto a different hard drive, if you have one. If not, you will have to remove stuff you dont want - and make sure you use the 'remove software' via the control panel feature for any software.

If the game has installed on some of C drive, can you confirm this? Try running a disc clean up to see if that clears things. If not, post back and I will help you remove it.

DMUK

It definatly installed the files to my C: drive. Yes I have other partitions on this hard drive (D:, E:, F:) I did what you suggested, now I am deleting all of the files off my pc. I just dont get it SOE really suck at making games user friendly (installation). Just tried to find it. my bro bought SWG, so I just installed the client, then used the CD Key that came with the trial download to use the account. But anyways, I tried to find them using the search function, but all I get is .exe files and all of the folders that were installed when I installed the full version. Could you help me find those files that are sucking my C: space? thanks bro! Props!

I tried going to the add/remove hardware, and it wasn't listed. I tried diskclean, and nothing. I will try to get a bigger hard drive (Dad needs to save files onto other harddrive for me to format it- 80gb). My current harddrive is 20gb :(. thanks for all of the help man, I still could use some help for uninstalling it.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Ok.

So the game HAS been installed but not showing up? You also mention that you had a 'full' version. Did you have the game before the trial?

It shouldnt make a difference I just need to know as to how to instruct you on your next step.

DMUK

All the files are installed in c:/Program Files/StarWarsGalaxies

If you installed the game, than it should be there.

Also, it should be in Add/remove programs as Star Wars Galaxies. I just double-checked, and that's how it is on my computer. I installed the full version onto my C drive, as usual.

Do you have windows XP? Could that even effect anything? I don't see why or how the files could be somewhere else than where the game always installs them, which is c:/Program Files/StarWarsGalaxies, unless you delibritely changed that during installation.

No, see...

I was about 97% done with the trial install on my C: drive when it said it didn't have enough room to install anything else. I had about 1GB+ before the trial failed install now I have 500mb. I am just wondering, where the trial installs itself on your C: drive, so I can delete the failed trial install files from my C: drive to free up space.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Search for a folder called galaxies. (Make sure its not the one you have downloaded)

It might call itself Sony , or Star Wars Galaxies, or Trial.

To me, it seems the game is still in the registry of your PC, which will take away the disc space because it still believes the whole game is there.

Best thing to do, is visit http://www.downloads.com and get your hands on a registry cleaner, like reg cleaner. This will remove all unwanted registry files on your PC without causing any harm.

DMUK

Thanks for all of your help man. Becuase of all of this bull, I have decided to go buy City of Heroes instead. I swear SOE really needs to learn how to create files + games. I deleted everything, and ran regcleaner. Obviously the trial F$ed up my C: drive, so when the Omega 4.6 drivers come out, a fresh windows XP install is for me. Thanks a bunch bro! Take care!

Guest DarthMaulUK

Its nothing to do with his harddrive Pal. He wanted to install it onto a different hard drive but there was no option to do it. My C drive isnt very large and i put all my games on my D drive as its huge.

DMUK

Archived