Home

Peanut Butter!

Jedi_Vogel

I hope I caught GothiX's attention with this as it was his map that inspired me to try curved pathways!

I tried with patch meshes and failed miserably, so if someone could help me figure out the best way to make a curved pathway, I'd be grateful :)

[edit] this isn't for my main project, but in order to "gain skills"...and I did try first. *nods*

Damn, I'm afraid that I cannot send you the map file, for siomple reason: I no longer have PB's, or any other map file, and my back-up disc appears overwritten with, eh, Westlife songs. No worries tho, I'll recreate it and send it to you. :)

Originally posted by GothiX

Damn, I'm afraid that I cannot send you the map file, for siomple reason: I no longer have PB's, or any other map file, and my back-up disc appears overwritten with, eh, Westlife songs. No worries tho, I'll recreate it and send it to you. :)

So easily forgotten, such a tragic accident... :(

Well other than curved (as in from above curve) theres the slight curve (as in from the side) curve, like on the Sunset in Coruscant map (which rocks, but my comp can't cope with it *frown*).

So the second kind is like a bridge only it's a part curve too. (my patch meses don't work for that either, this is why I need to learn).

If that made sense :o

um ok, say I had two platforms and to join them I don't want a flat walkway but a kind of bridge. This bridge should curve gently up and then down.

Any better?

If not, doesn't matter, your other paths will be a great start and thanks :D

Create an end-cap between the two platforms, stretch it to the required height. Make sure you invert the matrix if the textured edge is "underneath" the arch.

Once that is done, go to the curves menu, "thicken" it to the required amount and voila! A nice curvy bridge.

Archived