Home

Formation of a SWBF mod

Lt. Havoc

While I haven't been involved in previous game mods I am a mapper from games ranging from Doom2,Duke Nukem,CS, MOHAA,OPF and BF1942. I also have photoshop, illustrator, and 3DS Max experience so I have a decent idea of what's involved on a mod from the visual side. Other aspects I'm more shakey on but I'd like to be involved with a SWBF mod.

These are my views and ideas.

A mod building on the same great game, using as much of the original content as possible (why reinvent the wheel?) but adding more maps, vehicles, skins, classes, realism and weapons.

Optional skins per class with at least 2 variants.

Build your own weapon load out, or at least the ability to pick up weapons in game. The weapon load idea would be based around weight resistance. A heavier primary weapon doesn't allow a player to pick as many or in some cases any secondary or special items. Also the player with a heavier load out would run slower.

Space battles. Basically SW versions of BF1942 maps like Coral Sea and Battle of Britain, minus the cheapness of course.

Reserve the dark trooper for Expanded Universe maps only.

Maybe make certain AI characters (Ewoks and Gungans) playable.

See I envision a Battlefront mod where you get all the same great content and so much more. While other players are stuck with the original maps and items the mod users will have twice the content.

Anyone honestly interested in these ideas or similar ones and wanting to build a team just respond. Now is the time to outline goals.

don't know. I'd think some of the coding would differ between the platforms enough to nix that idea. I know with PS2 harddrives you can tranfer games directly to them, perhaps if the mod were compatible with the PS2 version you could transfer it onto a PS2 harddrive and play it.

A new problem arises though. For every variation you make of something the total number of people who have the exact same thing as you dwindles. Meaning if you have the PS2 version of SWBF and play online you're probably play versus other PS2 players right? Now with the mod added you could only play the mod versus other players who also have it. It would probably be too few people to be useful.

Archived