Home

Mods, models, etc.

JCSeer

Go to where you installed Jedi Outcast onto your computer. Usually C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Outcast. After you've found that, click on the gamedata folder and then the base folder which is inside the gamedata folder. Open the .zip file you downloaded, it should have a pk3 file in. Copy and paste it into the base folder.

While on the model's topic, does anyone know how to put a MP model and put it in the SP? I have an anakin model and I want it to take over the kyle model. ( I'm sick of kyle, damnit! ) And another quick question, does anyone know if you can npc spawn a npc and make him/her invincible? I tried npc spawn lukegod but it doesn't work. I also use mind trick on the npc and use god but it always effects kyle. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have much experience about replacing a character with Kyle, sorry. Also I beleive you can open the file which has to do about npc's and you can change their health. I don't know where it is though, somewhere in the assets. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

Amari,

I just saw your post. Here's how to take any model and get it to replace Kyle. First, I would recommend you download a copy of PakScape, a very easy-to-use program to handle .pk3 files. You can download it here.

Open models/players/name of model. Rename the name of that model to kyle. Delate the old name of the model and put the kyle one under models/players. Next, edit the model_default.skin file. Rename everything in there where you see model/players/name of model to models/players/kyle; however, do not rename the ones that have info about the caps-those are for the cauterized parts you see when you cut a limb off of a model.

To use sounds to replace kyles, rename the sounds/chars/misc/whatever the model's sounds are to sounds/chars/misc/kyle.

And that's it! Name and save your .pk3, and then either slip your new model in the GameData/base folder, or make a folder named what you named your .pk3 and put it in the GameData folder, and then when you load up the game, go to Setup, select mods, find you mod, and click load mod. Voila! Your model will replace Kyle with whatever map you are playing!

Good luck. If you need any more assistance, let me know.

Archived