Home

How many times have you played X-Wing, Tie Fighter, XvT & BoP, & XWA?

Ham Yoyo

Guest Hans The Great

I like the A-Wing training missions in the old X-Wing game. Those are alot of fun! I would still be playing those missions if my new PC did'nt barf when I tried to run it.

Here's a game that NO ONE will ever finish playing: ALIENS VS. PREDATOR! I've been trying to play it in "honest" mode. Fergit it! Cheating does'nt help that much either (you can't move to the next level in cheat mode!), anyone ever try this game?

At least XWA has real cheat modes so you can see what the whole game looks like.

Guest Vark111

Well, let's see... I bought the Floppy version of X-Wing and played it on my very first 386 (I know I'm dating myself here). Then bought the Tour of duty expansion (can't remember the name). Then the floppy version of TF. Then *it's* expansion. Oh, then I bought the CD version of X-Wing. Then the CD version of TF. Then XvT. Then the XW + TF Win95 versions. Then XWA!!! Then... frown.gif

Gee... Now that I think about it... I gave a good chunk of change to LucasArts.

------------------

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day... Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Guest Conor

I beat AvP with the Marine and Alien. I am on the last level with the Predator but I haven't played it in forever. The bonus missions are fun, and I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually.

I didn't find the game all that hard actually. It just requires a different style. Especially with the alien. 'Explosive bursts of violence followed by sneaking' would just about describe it. smile.gif

------------------

I state that every human being has the right to life, from conception until natural death.

Tour of Duty 1 Mission 4, Protect Medical Frigate. I completed it a few weeks ago. I love missions where you shoot Tie Bombers and Tie Fighters in X-Wings and A-Wings.

I have gave a lot of money to Lucasarts and I would do it all over again. The X-Wing series and JK & MotS Rule. smile.gif

------------------

My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships.

Guest TK421

I never played the original Xwing, but like everybody says - TIE Fighter absolutely kicks booty! I completed the Collector's Edition more times than I can count. I know there are a lot of die-hard Rebels out there but to me there's just something about being the Bad Guy. Go hide behind your shields rebel dog, While I take out your entire wing in my tin-plate armoured TIE!

Bought XvT, played it through once and threw it on the shelf. Since then I've completed XWA a good half dozen times on Medium and Hard. Now I'm editing XWA and playing it again, the way I want!

Cheating kills the game IMHO, you bought the game so you could face the challenge of completing the story/plot/campaign and surviving against the odds, not to turn on Invulnerability and zoom around at 160MGLT with 0% shield recharge and taking out Imperial Star Destroyers singlehandely!

-------------------

"TK421... TK421, why aren't you at your post... TK421..."

XvT was good, BoP was better. XWA is the greatest with the Windows 95 versions of X-Wing and Tie Fighter running 2nd and 3rd. XvT is best for multiplayer. All of these games are a must have for my game collection.

------------------

My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships.

Archived