Home

Help Please, New Player

Ammar

Hi, I just KOTOR and so far I like the game alot, only problem is I see you people talking about some great items/armors, and was wondering myself where to get these. Also can any1 suggest a really strong custom/premade chrachter with where to put stats and how. I am also curios to know what crystals are needed to create teh strongest lightsaber in teh game. What force powers are very usefull later on in the game. Any help would be apreciated. Thx.

Luckily there is a web site that will help you answer all of your questions. It has the best walkthrough I've found and links for each category of item. You can find the stats and locations of almost every item in the game. Spend some time checking it out and I think you'll find it has everything that you could possibly need to play KotOR.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/

Thanks for the info, the site was very helpfull :p. I have a few questions which teh guides dont answer. I just finished getting off on taris and now im on dantooine and will soon be doing the mission to find teh starforge maps. I was wondering where I could get some very handy items early in the game, not nesseraly unique/important items. Just items which would make it easier for me to fight. Also in a team, which charahters do u guys suggest i use?

Originally posted by Ammar

Thanks for the info, the site was very helpfull :p. I have a few questions which teh guides dont answer. I just finished getting off on taris and now im on dantooine and will soon be doing the mission to find teh starforge maps. I was wondering where I could get some very handy items early in the game, not nesseraly unique/important items. Just items which would make it easier for me to fight. Also in a team, which charahters do u guys suggest i use?

Handy items on Taris & Dantooine:

Echani Fiber Armor - One of the best armors in the whole game, IMHO.

Echani Ritual Brand - The best two-handed weapon you can have until you get off of Dantooine.

Prototype Vibroblade (Fully Upgraded) - the best single handed weapon you can have until you get some lightsaber upgrades :)

Sanasiki's Blade (Fully Upgraded) - This weapon is awesome but will put a serious dent in your pocket book, unless you got very lucky with Pazaak on Taris.

If you're a blaster pistol/rifle fan you have Carth's Blaster, Bendak's Blaster, Zaalbar's Bowcaster, and Ordo Heavy Repeater.

As far as party members:

You're stuck with Mission and Carth until you find Zaalbar.

After that I tend to stick with Zaalbar and Mission until I save Bastila.

Then I stick with either Zaalbar and Bastila or Carth and Bastila until the Sith Base.

Then I use T3-M4 long enough to fry almost everyone in the Sith Base at the receptionist desk before ducking outside to switch back to Zaalbar and Bastila.

You have to take Canderous with you in Davik's Estate, so you only only have one other party member to choose from. I typically take T3 because you can kill almost everyone in the level with a computer panel :D

After Taris, I'm usually not so structured with who I take where.

I hope that helps.

Thx for the help. I have become a jedi and be put on the quest to find the star maps. I aslo looked at teh forums which says that theres an extended dialogue with bastila and inorder for me to get that dialogue I need to end up making both teh mother and bastiola happy, so far, after many atempts I have failed to do so. Could any1 help me with this? Also now that I have access to different planets, I want to know how to get credits quickly, I am light side btw, and a jedi councilar, I need credits to buy good armor. Last question is are there any good jedi robes ro armors which dont restrict jedi force powers? In your opinion what is the best robe/armor in the game?

Thx for the help. I have become a jedi and be put on the quest to find the star maps. I aslo looked at teh forums which says that theres an extended dialogue with bastila and inorder for me to get that dialogue I need to end up making both teh mother and bastiola happy, so far, after many atempts I have failed to do so. Could any1 help me with this? Also now that I have access to different planets, I want to know how to get credits quickly, I am light side btw, and a jedi councilar, I need credits to buy good armor. Last question is are there any good jedi robes ro armors which dont restrict jedi force powers? In your opinion what is the best robe/armor in the game?

Ammar,

I strongly recommend spending some time with the walkthough found on the GameBanshee site. In addtion to the detailed walkthrough, you will also find information regarding every item, weapon, armor, robe, etc in the game. You will even find sections that will show you how to gain lots of credits, xp, and alignment points.

As for your last question, all armors restrict force powers, so you're probably better off with robes if you'd like to use them :D

I hope that helps

http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotor/

Once you've defeated the Krayt Dragon, his "tattered equipment pack" with holocron is near the back of the cave at Eastern Dune Sea (#5). Bring it back to Helena and determine the outcome of their reunion through conversation for 250xp

I did look on the site before posting and look what it says on the last line, determine the outcome of teh conversation, that is what I am having problems on....

I did look on the site before posting and look what it says on the last line, determine the outcome of teh conversation, that is what I am having problems on....

I haven't played any of the NPC side quests in quite a while so I don't remember the exact lines of dialog. I do remember that there were some blatantly LS options and that those were the selections that you made to talk them both down.

The writers did a good job of making the LS options pretty obvious, so I can only recommend that you try looking just a little bit harder for them while you're playing.

I hope that helps :D

Hehe, they did make it obvious, I was just thinking evil again :p. My last question is that when I read about how different companions give you different items which you can sell to make a lot of money and reapeat teh process. Well i read that tip and tried it and stored all the stimulants, comp spikes, and security spikes, and then l;aer sold them, but now, even though I dont have any of the items in my inventory tehg charachters are still saying I still have too many...why is that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived