Home

Skinning the Jaden Models

Jase_Morden

Hey,

I need a little help with two skins I'm making at the moment, and they're based on the jedi_hm and jedi_hf models, I know how to skin them.

But the problem I have is, I don't want to be able to select them in the custom player screen, I want to be able to select them from the character selection menu (with the actual in-game characters, Kyle, Stormtrooper, etc.).

I know this can be done because I've seen it done in the Chiss Species Pack v2.0.

So, can anybody help me with this please?

-Jase

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, its almost rediculously easy. In the jedi_hf or _hm folders, theres a Model_default.skin file. Put that and the Model.glm file in a new directory, and modify the .skin file like you would a non-Jaden skin.

The differance is that you have to pick which model surfaces are on and off. You can tell which is which from the extra leter added on, IE 'torsob,''torsoc,' etc. Those that you aren't using, replace the textre path with *off.

Make sure you have those two files, a sounds.cfg and an Icon_default image for your skin in, say, "models/players/test". Do the same with the other skin, and put them in a pk3.

Sorry CaptainSkye *shrug*

that HAH tutorial, and nothing seems to be working, can u tell me in a bit more detail? in the tutorial it says i need 2 folders to have a model show up in SP..... also if the model is skin edited and has a different name, can I still put it in SP?

Archived