Home

What is your current feelings towards Galactic Conquest?

Dagobahn Eagle

How do you feel about GC?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about GC?

• "I don't have it, but Battlefront made me want to try it."
    • "I don't have it, and I'm happy just having Battlefront."
    • "I have tried both and find Galactic Conquest superior."
    • "I have played both and find Battlefront superior."
    • "I don't have Battlefield 1942."

Galactic conquest is a modification for BF 1942 that adds the SW universe. It's much older than BF and it's free. It also has some neat features like space battles (and it hasn't done the mistakes that the Battlefront team;)).

How has the release of Battlefront made you feel about Galactic Conquest? Personally, I love GC and I don't really like the looks of BF, but I will try the demo.

No comparison. GC wasnt bad for a free mod, but you get what you pay for, and SW:BF is far superior to GC.

No question there are some issues, but if you had BF1942 the day it came out, youll remember there were serious issues with that also. Most games, particularly online ones, have problems at release, its been out two days, give it some time they will patch it up.

In my opinion it's not even a competition. Battlefront is far superior in every facet of the game. I hated GC after about a week of steady play and haven't thought about it since.

GC does have space, but it's a poor excuse. This isn't a knock on GC devs, but rather the limitations of the Battlefield engine. X-Wing v Tie Fighter even now, being several years old is ten times better than GC space maps in my opinion.

Sorry, we had these things before and we wont compare a new game to a mod anymore. There are about half a dozen other GC topics gone bad.

This will just result in people bitching about sw:bf by early dissapointments, and we got enough places for that already (reviews/thoughts)

Archived