Home

Single Player Map Strategies

Stalkerh

The Clone Wars: Naboo - "Kill Jar Jar!"

When I first loaded this map up, I was somewhat frustrated at the EXTREMELY tough fambaas. They're like AT-ATs in hitpoints (and they just sit there while you pound them), and they generate a shield so you can't snipe them.

Originally I just ran foward and tried to get past the shield and fire at them. This resulted in 5 or so deaths to gungan energy grenades (my kingdom for droidekas on this map!).

:bdroid2:

The tide turned when I took a look at the full map, and saw 2 more control points that needed capturing. I headed towards one that was adjacent to the shield in some ruins. I managed to capture the point without too much trouble, shortly after the AI captured the other gungan point. Then, much to my surpise... I saw STAPs and AATs gliding in and annihilating the gungans.

Figuring that the only thing that could take down one of the uber-fambaas would be artillery, I jumped in an AAT. The AAT has 3 positions, and it took me a little bit to figure out which was which. Once I did, those Fambaas were history (after pumelling them for 30 seconds).

So, the way I see it, the quickest way to defeat this map is to capture one (or both) of the "west" points in order to give you a better assault position and access to armor :)

Any other map strategies or tales?

Anyone have a strategy for the Yavin IV arena map in single player galactic conquest from the empire side? I breezed through the rebel maps and every other imperial map until i got to this one. I don't just get beat, I get slaughtered. The rebs don't even have any planet bonuses left. My kill ratio was 15 to 1 in one of my first tries when I just sat somewhere snipering and lobbing grenades into the reb base in front of me and I got beat by a deficit of over 30 reinforcements.

Single Player Endor-Scenario

Try to get on top of the shield generator entrance. I walked on the left site of the map far away from the imperial troopers until I was above the entrance. Then I walked down on the roof of the entrance.

Now your job is simple. Kill everybody coming out of the entrance. One by One. Throw thermals or gun them down. Most of the time they only wait.

Make sure, that the to gunposts in front of the entrance are empty all the time. I never met an imperial trouper who tried to get around and get into my back.

To win at Yavin Arena you need to pick a soldier, spawn at the control point in the arena and immediately head down to take the middle point. Get the bots to follow you down. Watch the turret mounted at their arena spawn point and try to keep it clear. Now lead the charge up the broken down wall on the right. Soften them up with grenades on your way up. After you take them out, hug the wall at the back with the medical droid and kill any that spawn in while you're capturing it. Taking their arena spawn point leaves them with only one left. Now they can only attack 3 ways. The bulk of their forces will use the middle path straight from their spawn point outside the arena. They will be met at the entrance by most of your bots. There are also 2 ways in on both sides of the arena on the upper level where you started (there is a little hallway on each side that leads out). Small numbers of the enemy will try to use those entrances to get behind you. At first, leave the main fighting to the bots and handle the (less fun, more important) job of keeping the enemy off your sides. Watch your radar and run back and forth across the arena, taking them out as they try to get in. As you get more familiar with the map (or the battle dies down a little) you can help the bots in the middle while continuing to watch the sides.

Archived