Home

Retexture

MTV2

I'm making a retexture of Darth Revan, Darth Malak, and the Sith Solders. I've created a Malak reskin, put the .tga file in override then booted the game. but when I see Malak Theres nothing different about :confused: . Am I missing a file or something or am I doing something wrong? do I need to insert him in a .2da file?? If anyone knows, tell me plz. I hope this is enough information if not plz tell me and I will try to detail it a bit more.

Originally posted by MTV2

I saved the Malak reskin and didn't change the original name of it.

Should be called "N_DarthMalak01" double check just in case. :)

OOH! I know. MOst of the time you see Malak, it's in a cutscene, and I think cutscene Malak uses a different texture. Try warping to the Star Forge and check him in the fight there.

Malak is one of those Pure override files. Ex: what the override folder was intended for.

Load your game if your Malak skin is not in the startup screen them there are a few factors to consider.

1:- the name is N_DarthMalak01.tga

2:- If you used photoshop 7.0 and you have not patched the .tga extension plug in to save alpha channels right.

I haveposted it but atm “Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator.” Argggg :mad:

so I found it for you ….. with a yahoo search ;)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=1544&fileID=1478

3:- if the image has more then 1 alpha channel it will NOT work

4:- the tga has to be 32 with an alpha channel

hope this helps :)

svösh

Originally posted by svösh

Malak is one of those Pure override files. Ex: what the override folder was intended for.

Load your game if your Malak skin is not in the startup screen them there are a few factors to consider.

1:- the name is N_DarthMalak01.tga

2:- If you used photoshop 7.0 and you have not patched the .tga extension plug in to save alpha channels right.

I haveposted it but atm “Sorry. The search function has been disabled by the administrator.” Argggg :mad:

so I found it for you ….. with a yahoo search ;)

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=1544&fileID=1478

3:- if the image has more then 1 alpha channel it will NOT work

4:- the tga has to be 32 with an alpha channel

svösh

Targa plug-in? anywho, I have photoshop 5.0(it's a limited edition I think because it came free with hanother program I got) and there is no channels menu(I have looked all over and have not found anything:( ) so if you know anything plz tell me. thnx.

Photoshop 2 has channels. I’m familiar with every version of ps so…

Try looking at the tab right under your layers palette, there is one called channels and one called paths as well. Channels is what you seek…

If It’s not visible go to you drop down menu window > and click channels

Enjoy oh and ps 5 has a solid .tga extension so disregard the 7.0 tga plugin extension dl

And don’t use compression on your 32 bit .tga or the game won't understand it.

svösh

Originally posted by svösh

Photoshop 2 has channels. I’m familiar with every version of ps so…

Try looking at the tab right under your layers palette, there is one called channels and one called paths as well. Channels is what you seek…

If It’s not visible go to you drop down menu window > and click channels

Enjoy oh and ps 5 has a solid .tga extension so disregard the 7.0 tga plugin extension dl

And don’t use compression on your 32 bit .tga or the game won't understand it.

svösh

ya, I can't find the channels anywhere here's a pic I can't find them anywhere! I've searched them and it comes up with channels but I dont see them:confused:

http://svoshsphotos.fotopic.net/p7809206.html

As seen in the posted image

Option 1 click the tab right under your layers palette, called channels

Option 2 If It’s not visible go to you drop down menu [window] > and click channels

If this doesn’t help then you only other thing I could do is get on a plane and travel from Montreal to Vancouver to show you but that won’t happen so I hope this helps.

svösh

So, I finished my malak, and the sith retextures, do i have to put something in appearance.2da? cuz i just have the .tga files. or do you just put the .tga files in override then start the game?(my games messed up so i cant see the characters)if someone can tell me, ill put them up for download...

Originally posted by MTV2

So, I finished my malak, and the sith retextures, do i have to put something in appearance.2da? cuz i just have the .tga files. or do you just put the .tga files in override then start the game?(my games messed up so i cant see the characters)if someone can tell me, ill put them up for download...

If you plan to replace the original textures, there is no need for any other files than .tga, as long as they are named right.

Xavier2

Archived