Home

Communications in XWA multiplayer

Guest Toscan

Guest Toscan

What if some programers got a hold of Hearme or Firetalk and put togeather a patch so that, using voicechat, we could talk to our Allies in the multiplayer missions? That would be so cool! It would make organizing the missions so easy! I think someone should get a hold of Firechat or Hearme and do that! It would be awasome!

Guest Jimsky16

It would indeed be excellent, my friends.

I will see if any of my friends could help us, coz I don't have a clue..

Jimsky

Guest Toscan

We would probably have to download Fire Chat or Hearme, I already have, but many XWA gamers havent, I'm pretty sure there both free. We would also probably need permission to do any sort of patch.

Guest Jimsky16

Suppose so, but we'd need someone who could actually patch it, d'ya think you could do it?

Jimsky

Guest Toscan

No, I couldn't patch it. I'm a beginner XWA mission editor/creator, not much of a programer.

[This message has been edited by Toscan (edited June 11, 2000).]

Guest MonkeyLight

not only that we would need to know the language its in. besides you cant edit the actual program from the mission creator as its a part of the game.

Guest Commander Varth

YEs, Roger WIlco works well, but it slow the game down, so be sure to have DSL or cable. I use it for JK, XWA, and AoK. it is aweasome.

Commander Varth

Guest Toscan

What is this Rodger Wilco? Is it a voice communications thingy (thingy, very technical terms here) for multiplayer games?

Guest Jimsky16

Hmm, I wouldn't know where to start with the programming of it, and my programming buddies say it would take a while, but I still think it's a really good idea, and there's nothing wrong with the word 'thingy'

Jimsky

Guest Zedran

Yes, Roger Wilco is all you need. Just make sure your connection is good and you can talk to everyone playing the game.

------------------

When last we met I was but the apprentice,.."Now I am the Disaster"

Click,Click,Click,......Damn Light Saber!.....AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH.........

Archived