Home

CLASSIC rooms...

x'R

I have only seen like 4 or 5 CLASSIC rooms since this past saturday... All the MOVIE and PREQUEL rooms show up (pages and pages of them). There used to be pages and pages of the CLASSIC rooms... anybody else notice this? I am on PS2.

Let me clarify...

PS2 version, in the US... There are pre-made rooms, CLASSIC-123, MOVIE-100, and PREQUEL-233...etc... The numbers after the room names are just examples. Normally there are a page or two worth of each type of room. All the MOVIE and PREQUEL rooms are showing up, like I said a couple pages worth. However, my friend and I are only seeing 4 or so CLASSIC rooms. I have refreshed numerous times, the rooms show up populated or not... Just in the past few days the number of CLASSIC rooms have decreased from a page or two to only 4 or 5 rooms.

This question pertains to PS2, US version only SWBF players. Ran into same discrepancy on another message board. European users dont get the CLASSIC, MOVIE and PREQUEL rooms

They are sessions ready made to join... PC dedicated rooms/sessions/games, made/hosted by Gamespy or LA (not sure who)...

You guys make this sound like its not possible or unbelievable that there are such rooms...

Like I said... This question is for PS2 users, US version only.

CLASSIC is only the Galactic Civil War Era... All maps except.. Geonosis and Kamino. Exclusively Empire vs. Rebel battles.

MOVIE rooms have a combination... Geonosis-Clone War, Both Naboo's-Clone War, Endor-GCW, Hoth-GCW.

That's about the difference, and the PREQUEL rooms... well Clone War battles only, all maps but a few like Endor, Hoth and (I dont exactly recall but maybe) Tatooine.

Again... If you dont have the PS2, US version of Star Wars Battlefront... This thread may be confusing to you.

IRT: Red Cell - I saw a few CLASSIC rooms last night... not near the numbers prior to this past weekend though.

What is the difference between a "room" and a "server"? If there is none, it might be less confusing to refer to them as "servers" as that is the terminology that most people would be familiar with (at least for the PC which is the majority of the people here I suppose).

We run a 32-player dedicated server for the PC version of the game, and we have a mixed rotation of clone war and galactic civil war maps. In addition, many of the maps for one location (eg. bespin: cloud city) have multiple versions, one for the clone wars and one for the galactic civil war, and on the server side of things you can choose which specific maps to run in the same rotation regardless of what war they are set in.

I did, evidently you didnt read this whole thread... Quote from one of my MANY explanation threads earlier.

"PC dedicated rooms/sessions/games, made/hosted by Gamespy or LA (not sure who)..."

Again.... PS2, US version only folks will understand... I am not asking questions or making statements about the PC version..

Mods, please lock this thread... for some will never comprehend the differences across the platforms. No offense meant to anyone... I got a couple responses from PS2 users and that was all I was looking for. Please Lock This. Or delete, if you will.

Okay that explanation makes sense. There isn't a whole lot of variety though.

I mean any map can be played by any faction, except for Kamino/Geonosis (Clone Wars only) and Endor/Hoth (Galactic Civil War only). And you can't mix 'n' match factions (Republic always fights Seperatists, Empire always fights Rebels).

I'm also a PS2 user, and I also noticed a huge drop-off in Classic servers.

For the first week or so after the game, there were only Classic, Movie, or Prequel servers. Now, we are starting to see lots of different servers. My guess is that these are private individuals running servers, and that the first three types were run by Gamespy. So I guess your question could be answered by them. But don't hold your breath waiting for customer service from them...It's too bad, b/c I liked Classic servers.

And for the record X'er, I did not find your question confusing, and I play online on PC and PS2. I believe the in-game interface refers to servers as rooms. It defintely does call them sessions, as in "The session is full". Some servers describe themselves as "a newbie only room". And I've seen servers refered to as rooms on this board. People sometimes confuse "room" with "lobby"...But in this case, I think you were pretty clear.

Archived