Home

What's a good & affordable joystick for XWA?

Guest Cloud

Guest Cloud

It's time for me to now improve my gunnery. After using a game pad for so long with XWA, I decided that it times I get a good joystick so I can aim more accuartely and manuever my craft more percis. So what good joysticks do you guys recommend and which one do you use? I was looking at this Microsoft Sidewinder one which was $59.99, but even with a $20 rebate, I still think the price is steep(does it has rumble feature by the way)...

Well i have found the Logitech wingman series is very reliable. I use the logitech wingman Extreame. it has numerous buttons, is digital (no springs to break) and can be used with either UBB or gameport. I got mine for $40 but you can get the lesser, Attack verison for $20

Guest Toscan

Same Joy Stick over here, it's real nice with XWA. lotsa buttons.

------------------

Abnormal, or special, wichever way you look at it, I'm still me

I've got the Microsoft Precision Pro. You might be able to find it cheaper from www.egghead.com . 3 months ago I bought mine for $48.99 minus the $20 rebate and my total cost was $28.99. It is worth the extra money. It is one of the most awesome joysticks on the market.

------------------

My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships.

Guest Joe Schmo

yes, the precision pro is one of the best sticks out there. if you can, try to get one of the force-feedback sticks. x-wing with one of those is deliciously fun.

Guest JC_DeadEye

Yesss! The Logitech Wingman Extreme is an excellent choice. Buy.com has it for $30.10, and if you order by the 4th, or midnight on the 3rd, you get free shipping ($6.92 normally) and it get's shipped withing 24-48 hours.

Yeah, I'm an free commercial for them smile.gif hehehe

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Guest Sabre99

I use a Gravis BlackHawk Digital. It is the best on the market in my opinion in terms of value ($20) and usefulness (5 buttons, 8 way hat, throttle, Digital).

Given money is no object, I'd go with a MS Sidwinder, but for overall value, the Blackhawk Digital is the best.

Guest Cloud

Thanks but I only buy from the store. I'll consider looking at the logitech joysticks and that microsoft percis controller.

Guest Fel Crynyd

Another vote for the Microsoft Force feedback Presiscion pro cause it is a very well made, and grips easily and is in a natural postion. Also all the bottons are easy to reach (but then when you hand is close to the size of Michael Jordans any thing is in easy reach) smile.gif

Guest Miso

Question regarding the Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D:

1. Are you guys using the USB port or the gameport?

2. Have you had any problems with the throttle being too sensitive, such as jumping in 33% increments (this is what I've heard)

3. Have you had any problems with losing calibration (something else I've heard).

I was really considering buying this until I saw these comments at pricegrabber.com from some of the people who own this joystick.

Guest JC_DeadEye

Heh...I'm stupid. That post the other day should have said Wingman FORCE, not Extreme. Sorry.

Not sure about the "Extreme Digital 3D", but I know my Force's" throttle is actually pretty good, and I use a USB port since I the only other way is using a serial port and I only have one.

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

Archived