Home

Mod Request

stevea

I was just posting this, wondering if everyone would use it or not? I just got unlimited flying on the platforms in bes:) its insanely fun. I am right now as we speak trying to remove some platforms so the level will be a Platforms Air only Mod. i will put links to the mods on the site.

I would like to have bigger flightareas on all flightable maps too.

but i suggest not to make them unlimited.

Keep in mind that Bespin is the only one with no terrain.

All others have terrains that ends somewhere and it wouldn´t be cool to fly over the edges of the terrains. The flightareas should end (So the message "back the Battlefield" popped up) just before you reach the terrain edges .

And i´m with DoubleJ. Edit only the areas not more.

Rends

No there is a big difference between making the areas bigger or remove them. If you remove the limits you still can fly where no terrain is below you. This doesn´t make sence and looks ugly.

So make the areas bigger but still limited to the map terrain size.

Rends

Yeah, I also think that while removing flight caps for vehicles it is also worth to do removal of flight restrictions for jet troopers (I found especially annoying on Naboo that a jet trooper cannot fly over the houses, although the jets have enough energy to).

On the modded Bespin map, you still have collisions with buildings though. Is the collision detection between ships and other models, and ships and terrain handled differently? Otherwise, do you really end up being able to pass through the terrain and fly under the map? Also, is the flight restriction an integer distance setting, or more of a binary "ON/OFF" thing?

Archived