Home

Subs0nic's Naboo Mod (download)

subs0nic

-= Welcome to subs0nic's Naboo Mod =-

This modifies the Naboo Plains map, Galactic Civil War era. It's my take on how Empire vs Rebels on Naboo plains *should* have been. :)

Features include:

- 2x ATSTs for BOTH sides

- 2x Combat Speeders for Rebels

- 2x Imperial Fighter Tanks for Empire

- 1x X-Wing for Rebels

- 1x Tie Bomber for Empire

- Map edge restrictions removed

- An extra surprise for both sides ;)

Installation: Download, unzip, and run the 3 patchers. Follow the instructions and you should be fine.

Uninstall: Copy your backed up original files back into the correct places, overwriting the modded ones.

Download here!

Sorry for lack of detailed info here, I'm tired. Let me know what you think! :)

Screenshots:

Armoured warfare

Trading laser fire with a Bomber

EDIT: Due to some people having problems with the patching, I have released the full modded files. You should ONLY need these if the patch version really won't work. Backup the following files:

C:\..\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\mission.lvl

C:\..\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\NAB\nab1.lvl

C:\..\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SIDE\gun.lvl

Replace them with the files in the following zip:

Download full release - 9.7Mb

Originally posted by kingguru

That is odd i re-downloaded it and set it up and it loads fine. although the things advertised arent showing, xwing etc... the ships are all the same but the factions are now rebel and cis(which was the only change i noticed from the mod). Im using the most recent patch with the no fly cap removed but the older patch from sub had the same no ship changes... im sure he will update it and keep us posted :):)

In mine, I did see the X-Wing, but the game crashed before I could get to it.

Originally posted by kingguru

That is odd i re-downloaded it and set it up and it loads fine. although the things advertised arent showing, xwing etc... the ships are all the same but the factions are now rebel and cis(which was the only change i noticed from the mod). Im using the most recent patch with the no fly cap removed but the older patch from sub had the same no ship changes... im sure he will update it and keep us posted :):)

Strange. Did you apply all 3 patches? I can't see why it would be loading Republic and CIS, unless you're playing it in the clone wars era.

I just tested the patches again with a completely clean install, no problems. Anyone having problems should make sure they are installing on ORIGINAL mission.lvl, nab1.lvl and gun.lvl files, and install all 3 patches.

Thanks for the fly cap hack kingguru. :)

Originally posted by gamlin

(1st post):D just tried the mod..seems fine just the rebs don't take advantage of the atsts so imps have advantag..but no probs in modifying files and playablity..thanks sub and king for your fast work:p

I certainly noticed that they don't seem to use 1 of the ATSTs though they seem to have no trouble using the other. I've found this to be the case with any vehicle placed in that spot, including the original Kaadu that was there, so I guess it's a bug with the AI.

I'm going to try installing the mod again in a minute, but I have a question. How do you put flying vehicles in a map that doesn't normally have them? Obviously just replacing a hover or walk spawn with a fly spawn doesn't work, so what's the trick?

EDIT: I reinstalled it and it still crashes.

Originally posted by Visceral

I'm going to try installing the mod again in a minute, but I have a question. How do you put flying vehicles in a map that doesn't normally have them? Obviously just replacing a hover or walk spawn with a fly spawn doesn't work, so what's the trick?

I believe I was able to do this by exploiting the fact that there is usually a star destroyer flying over the plains. Whether or not the star destroyer originally counts as a 'flyer' thus enabling other flyers to be put in, I'm not sure.. but it works. :) After that, you just need to insert an all_fly_xwing over a gun_walk_kaadu for example.

Ah, I see. Still no way yet to put flying vehicles in where there's none at all, including _dome ones, I guess.

Well, I think I know enough to recreate the mod myself, since the one provided for downloading just won't work for me. I'll attempt it, at least.

That's not it. It was actually a 'contaminated' backup file. I was sure when I backed up nab1.lvl that it was the original version but I must have made some kind of unsuccessful tweak in it and forgot about it, because when I tried to load Naboo Plains without this mod installed, it still crashed. So I reinstalled the game to get a fresh copy and now it works just fine. :) The Imperial tanks help balance the map, I think the Rebels' speeders really outclass the AT-STs. This was a great idea as the terrain is great for vehicle combat.

Originally posted by Visceral

That's not it. It was actually a 'contaminated' backup file. I was sure when I backed up nab1.lvl that it was the original version but I must have made some kind of unsuccessful tweak in it and forgot about it, because when I tried to load Naboo Plains without this mod installed, it still crashed. So I reinstalled the game to get a fresh copy and now it works just fine. :) The Imperial tanks help balance the map, I think the Rebels' speeders really outclass the AT-STs. This was a great idea as the terrain is great for vehicle combat.

Happens to me all the time (I keep a clean copy installed on my girlfriend's machine so I can always get clean files :D ). Glad you got it working though. I agree, the reason I made the map was to balance out the vehicles, the ATSTs are totally outgunned and outmanuvered by the Combat Speeders (and the Fighter Tanks for that matter).

I released a copy of the full, modded files if anyone else has trouble, but I really don't think it should be necessary (plus it's a much bigger download).

No-one commented on my 'gungan commando' yet... ;)

I won't be commenting the gungan much (yes, he's fun to play/to die), but I had serious balance issues on Hard diff. level!

It is nearly impossible to win for the Empire... while for the Rebels I could lose only by crashing own vehicles and killing teammates.

Overall, great job. Just get rid of the fly caps - and you have the nearly perfect map for Naboo, like it should have been :)

The ATSTs are outrun, but not outgunned (Fresh AT-ST with pilot only vs. fresh Rebel hover 2 pilots - AT-ST win).

But boy the bomber rules the map... :)

Originally posted by sb_gat

I won't be commenting the gungan much (yes, he's fun to play/to die), but I had serious balance issues on Hard diff. level!

It is nearly impossible to win for the Empire... while for the Rebels I could lose only by crashing own vehicles and killing teammates.

Overall, great job. Just get rid of the fly caps - and you have the nearly perfect map for Naboo, like it should have been :)

The ATSTs are outrun, but not outgunned (Fresh AT-ST with pilot only vs. fresh Rebel hover 2 pilots - AT-ST win).

But boy the bomber rules the map... :)

You're absolutely right, rebels do tend to win more easily than empire, I'll be tweaking the mod to try and fix this. Fly caps should be gone now.

The Gungan class was fairly well balanced I thought, powerful weaponry but easily killed. Needs some skill and tactics to be effective.

Originally posted by Lost_Prophet999

i cant seem to find the file that you are supposed to save the patches too.

i dont have a star wars battlefront folder anywhere

can u help me.:(

Default install location is c:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\

This is where it will be unless you changed it during install.

Archived