Home

SW BattleFront XBOX

ONE-TIME_Thing

Originally posted by ONE-TIME_Thing

Im an Xbox modder and i like to play SW BF. The Levels are named the same...but when i run the mods exe on them they say unknown version. Has anyone looked into this?

I doubt anyone will have looked into this, since not many people will have access to the xbox files. These files will undoubtedly be different to the PC versions so the patches won't work. Possibly if someone could supply the xbox files, they could be modded in the same way - but since most people don't mess around with xboxes like that, it wouldn't be of much use to many people.

I've got a modded wbox running SW BF. I've got the game running off the hard drive just so it's easier to try applying patches. It seems that the directory and file structures are the same as what people have been talking about on the PC.

The playable ewok mod (from another topic post) seems to work fine, so this must mean that the files are not that dis-similar. I couldn't get any of the other mods to work tho, and I also got the message "unknown version" with the 'exe' mods.

I'm going to try to have a look at the relevant files with my newly downloaded hex editor and the info on .lvl files i've looked into.

I'll let you know if I have any success.

If I remember right, my Ewok mod was just a mission.lvl file and since that file isn't very big, I just released it without bothering with a patcher. However, the mission.lvl is critical to ALL levels of the game (right down to the exact size of the file), so if you can replace the X-box one completely with a PC version file, the file structure must be much more similar than I suspected.

Take a look at my Naboo mod, I released the full modded files for this one too, you might want to try them and see if they work:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138419

Have tried your modded files and at first all looks like it will work but then when you enter the game all the graphics are screwed up. It's mainly all black with a crosshair visible. All the sounds and control functions are there but just no usable graphics.

Shame. It seems that your hunch with xbox/PC compatibility was right. I think small mods are ok that just involve the mission.lvl file (i think this includes playable characters and weapons etc?), but larger mods like modding complete levels are a bit trickier to convert.

Maybe it's something to look into.

Try installing the mission.lvl and gun.lvl files from the mod, and leave the nab1.lvl file alone - it's probably the level file that caused the problems. With just the two files, you should still have the Gungan as a playable class with their modified weapons.

Thanks. Have had a look at that. The only thing that worked is just replacing the mission.lvl file and so you can play as a gungan but only with their own weapons. If i try it with either or both of the other files, I get the same graphics problem again as before. Just replacinf the gun.lvl and leaving the nab1.lvl only creates a prob with the graphics on the actual character.

Think i'm on my way to working this modding thing out on the xbox. Have successfully edited the mission.lvl file to play as luke skywalker on endor. However, the enemy don't seem to want to interact with me (maybe they're scared of my lightsabre!)

All i've simply done is replace the vanguard class with the jedi. However now you have about 100 jedi running around who are invincible. A bit one sided.

I assume you can set the health level seetings etc in the individual map files. I suppose this is where i set weapons up as well.

It would be good to be able to mod on both xbox and PC.

I've had a look at the .lvl files in the other directories. When I load any other file other than the mission.lvl file into the hex editor, the text view is just random code. No deciferable words at all. So it seems that it will be harder to mod the xbox code any further past just replacing playable characters than I first thought.

Archived