Home

2 Ideas (lightsabers and Jedi)

tom_riker01

Actually, I believe it could have something to do with (again) the order in which the game loads items. Since the game loads the hero classes separately from the main classes, and after them, you would get that error. However, I believe that you could give the second faction the first faction's saber, as it has been loaded by then. That would also explain why natives take things so easily, as everything else has already been loaded.

i agree with Cpt. Bannon. it does have everything to do with the order in which things are loaded. my original theory was that it loaded things top down, so that it loads the line then goes down and reads the next one etc etc. however, i did notice that in the mission.lvl file, it loads the heros first in each faction. if u look closely at the mission.lvl u can see that in the case of the alliance, it loads the vehicles. then it loads the type of trooper that is playing, so if ur in bespin its all_inf_basicurban and then it loads luke, then the smuggler, then for some reason it jumps to load imp.lvl where it loads the imperial vehicles. then the dark trooper then vader and then after a bit it loads the rebel soldier and the rest of the rebels and then it loads the imperials like storm trooper etc.

so what i dont get is technically if the system is top down, then the heros are loaded before most of the other troops. this means that their lightsabers are also loaded before the troops are. so how come you cant give troops that are loaded after the heros lightsabers. when going thru the mission.lvl i saw the words SetHeroClass maybe this has something to do with it, maybe if u delete those words it might work? just thinking aloud.

No, where you see the individual troops is not a loading area. That is where each class is defined as playable. However that point about the smuggler is good, try giving the wookiee the saber (hehe, jedi wookiee) Also, I think you have to have the Hero classes enabled for the sabers to work as well (but I can't be 100% sure)

yea, true, however are the ewoks defined as "Hero classes"? cos ive been able to give them sabers and yea if u only have ewoks playing it evens out things just a little ;) but they are still very killable, just throw a grenade at them or hit next to them with turret fire and their dead

Archived