Home

Darksaber .OPT showcase mission

Guest Ms. Talon

Guest Ms. Talon

RAPIER STRIKE

This mission was created to showcase the Rapier Starfighter (created by

Alfred Wong, .OPT by Darksaber) and 2 other excellent .OPTs by Darksaber.

*IMPORTANT NOTE*

This mission require the SFA technologies New Craft Add (NCA patch)

as well as several excellent .OPTs by Darksaber; you can get them at:

http://www.darksaber.freeserve.co.uk/

*Craft files needed:

1) Sierran Rapier files

2) SSD files

3) Naboo N-1 files

*This mission requires editing work with MxVTED, and may not be suitable

for newbies. For instructions on MxVTED as well as the files go to

the above web address.

*NOTE: Due to its unique nature this mission will NOT be added to our

existing battlesets.

snap033.jpgsnap034.jpg

snap035.jpg

snap038.jpg

snap039.jpg

You can download it here http://members.home.net/xwascreenshots/Rapiermission.zip

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

Great mission, Ms Talon, I have Matt's SSD, Instead of Darksaber's and Rebel's(I hope I am correct on that!), not to say that is not a good SSD, Matt's has more Shield Generators harder to take down, also like always, your missions are very challeging, (Got killed 4 times before I had to come to work). I will finish this though, as far as Matt's SSD? I'm at work right now, don't have that info with me..sorry. If you don't have it by the time I get home I will find the address and post it here... later people

Sincerly, rogue518

Guest Ms. Talon

Hi, I checked out Matt's SSD, and it's very nice, especially the hangers. But the 8 shield generators really messes up my mission balance...you just spend WAY too much time taking them out, and it gets VERY tedious in gameplay terms. The SSD is tough enough to destroy honestly without that added encumberance. I know that it's probably more 'realistic', but it's just a bit too much. It would be different if you could program other FGs to attack specific components, but you can't! Perhaps he should think about cutting down the # of generators to 4? That would restore gameplay balance to acceptable levels. For now, I'll stick with Darsaber's for my mission. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

Originally posted by Ms. Talon:

Hi, I checked out Matt's SSD, and it's very nice, especially the hangers. But the 8 shield generators really messes up my mission balance...you just spend WAY too much time taking them out, and it gets VERY tedious in gameplay terms. The SSD is tough enough to destroy honestly without that added encumberance. I know that it's probably more 'realistic', but it's just a bit too much. It would be different if you could program other FGs to attack specific components, but you can't! Perhaps he should think about cutting down the # of generators to 4? That would restore gameplay balance to acceptable levels. For now, I'll stick with Darsaber's for my mission. Thanks for the heads-up, though.

And you call yourself a mission designers?!

You Can set FGs to attack specific components....it's a feature found in AlliED....

Guest OtanaMan

Is that a different SSD? The one in my XWA game looks really plain. The one in the screenshot looks better.

Guest Ms. Talon

Thanks to Nob, who pointed out that feature in AlliED that we never noticed before, this mission has been adjusted. You can still DL the file from the link in the original post above.

I'm still sticking with Darksaber's SSD, as the 8 shield generators in Matt's still skew the mission balance too much. I would still reccommend cutting down the # of generators to 4.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited July 20, 2000).]

Ms Talon... Nob?... I am a registed user of AlliED. I would appreciated if one of you can inform me where that feature is, regarding FG's. Ms Talon I agree with you to a point, regarding the # of shield generators...but I guess it just boils down to personal preference.

Guest JC_DeadEye

Talon, your problem is that you're used to the wrong SSD. The actual film model has about 6 shield generators now that we can look at actual photos of the rare model.

Guest JC_DeadEye

You have Mxvted? I'm not sure if BHE has this ability but here's what you do in Mxvted.

Mxvted 3.0b Build 10

1. Go to the OPT section (see the little row of tabs for each section?)

2. Go to the part labelled, "small mesh stuff".

3. Under that there is "Mesh" and a list of numbers that you can scroll down through.

4. Meshes 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 43, and 44 are the shield generators. See the section labelled Collision Box and Mesh type? Then it's followed by a box full of numbers, and below that is a drop down list that should read 8: ShieldGen and next to it a button labelled Write Col. Box. For the ShieldGenerators you want to remove--NOTE: I "think" the generators on the bridge are 21 and 22 as teh bridge is mesh 19, so it seems to me to that's what they would be, BUT I can't be sure, if not, you'll just have to do it by trial and error till you find them since you probably want those two to be generators definately--, simply change them to MainHull or something like that, hit to button to write the changes to the opt, and then hit Write way over to the right under the box that says Craft No. 140 SSD--not sure if it's neccessary to click the write button over here, but I always do it for some reason. smile.gif

Understand? If not, leave a msg and I'll try to explain it better.

------------------

X-Wing Alliance Upgrade member.

[This message has been edited by JC_DeadEye (edited July 20, 2000).]

Guest Ms. Talon

Thanks for the info, JC.

I've tested Matt's SSD with 6 generators, and it still works, so that's what I'm going to use for the mission. The SSD.OPT is now included in the zip file.

Thanks. btw, I need Matt's full name or handle to give credit in the readme (right now it's just "Matt"!)

------------------

gototalon@home.com

Guest JC_DeadEye

I believe his email is at his site, or at the XWAU. I have it, but I won't post it here, unfortunately.

Archived