Home

Pirates & Civillians...What's the best non-Rebel/Imperial fighter?

Primarch

Everyone has a favourite Rebel or Imperial fighter, but what about the rest?

After reading Morfeo's comments in the 'what are your favorite ships to fly?' topic, I was curious as to what everyone would consider to be the best Independant fighter?

Guest paulbarnard

as a pure fighter, I put my faith in the R-41 Star Chaser. The ion cannons are the sole reason. It's firing rate is fair, and it can last for awhile when outgunned.

As far as overall independent ship, I would say the YT-2000. Being that I'm an idependent, and our group does both JK and XWA, It can server as an fighter, transport , frieghter etc. I like the laser tourets and the ion cannon, plus it has warhead capabilities. Speed isn't that bad either at normal maintance. It even works as a story line device. We are working on a disable, board, capture mission to obtain another capital ship. The YT-2000 is the troop transport plus can assist our R-41s and Y-wings in disabling the ship.

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

Knight Watch Shipping Corporation

knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com

kwbanner.gif

Guest Thrawn

Gotta love a good ol' YT-1300 like the Falcon smile.gif

I like the Firespray as well.

------------------

"Have no fear, your local Grand Admiral is here!"

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest DarthHulkster

I can't really say which is my fav. because I usually don't use them. I'd have to say the YT-2000 and Firespray.

It is hard, becaue they each haev thier stregths, and weaknesses.

I would say Z-95, but others could say it is a Rebel ship. Or a SkipRay, but then ppl could say it is a imperial ship.

As far as a FIGHTER (transports are not fighters) The R-41 is a good chice, but i liek ahving decent shilds. So my option would be to go with the Toscan fighter. Sturdy, lots of fire power, and a face only a mother could love.

Guest Morfeo

Hello XWA Fan.

When I first saw the Planetary Fighter I new that seer speed was going to be its strenth! As you know only the T/D is faster than this one. Its accalaration is so good, its allows me to fall back, if in trouble, and reagroup with friendly fighters. I also like the designed apply to it! ;-) You are required to have skills to pilot this one however.

Morfeo

Guest Papa Roached

Well, with me it would have to go to the R-41. I love that ship, ever since i saw it in TIE FIghter I have wanted to fly one. When I got the chance in XWA I was just loven it. With good speed, decent shields, and LOADS of fyrepower for a "Indie" ship.

------------------

"I am not a Roach, I am the Roach and thats Mr. Roach to you."

Gotta be the outrider! Why did I buy Shadows of the empire? Oh thats right, the outrider! But we're talking fighters, not freighters. The coolest thing I heard of was the tri-wing clutch-tie as mentioned in I Jedi by michael stackpoole. All the off the shelf non imp/reb starfighters are s**t! The r-41 feels sluggish the star viper can't roll. Authority IRD-both. I suppose pirates with enough money could build missile boats? Coolest thing in movies -> YT's be they 1300, FALC, 2000, 2400. For pirates TRI-TIES or perhaps R-41's t's but if you are really smart and pick you battles y-wing is a lot of power for an un-matched adversary! The toscan fighter is not bad as just a fighter either. Ultimately get into ship editing and build one of your dreams -> Me personally, I dug up a working Y-VSD a concept model, 70 meters long that they used for trials when inventing star destroyers. It has a bank of 40 ion engines in the back like a YT. I refit it with parts from a crashed 1300. I now have a mini star-destroyer wedge with offset YT1300 cockpit, a chunk out of the front leaving sharp mandibles and because of the sheer size I have 2 bays for A-wings. Retractable Grapling arms and cutting lasers allow me to snatch sections of passenger liners after I have disabled them. And a retractactable ISD shield gen powers up if i'm under attack. I have standard docking plots above and under for carrying a dx-9 and commando team or docking onto a neb-B. Am I boring you?

Guest Papa Roached

As Han said "Who's gonna fly it, you?" IN my opinion that thing sounbds like a death trap.

------------------

"I am not a Roach, I am the Roach and thats Mr. Roach to you."

Guest Papa Roached

When XWA came ut and i found that i could fly the Firespray i could not wait till i got it, when i did it was a major let down (the firespray) like paul said (HI PAUL) it does not have much fyrepower

------------------

warwalk.gifBRING IT ON!

[This message has been edited by Papa Roached (edited August 14, 2000).]

Guest paulbarnard

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

Dont knock the FRS, i know quite a few ppl that enjoy that craft

Hey, if you want to fly the FRS and enjoy flying, more power to you. If you hope to be like Emon or Boba Fett, do some editing because the standard FRS is pretty weak. Those ships are suped up models.

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

Knight Watch Shipping Corporation

knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com

kwbanner.gif

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

Dont knock the FRS, i know quite a few ppl that enjoy that craft

This doesn't makes it a good craft. It simply lacks firepower. It is also a big target.

I rarely see this craft in mixed melees. T-Wings , R41 and Razors are much more

common. The T-Wing , Planetary Fighter and the Toscan are the best pirate ships.

Thanx papa! Someone showed some interest. It is very similar to a blocade runner in that it is not a manouverable fighter but a fast armoured freighter it has about three times the turining circle of the falc but can make a 200mglt dash: hece it's size and two A-wings. While making a dash for the bouy I set the autopilot and make a dash for the bay, I fight off aggressors in my a-wing while The Katana makes the headlong with its usually captured cargo and I follow it, later I re-dock and do buisiness with my aquired cargo. I got the Idea from (are you an aircraft enthusiast?) the AVRO 101. Befor they made a full scale Avro Vulvan they made 4 small concept models. I imagine before designing the VSD, which was around well before the Empire, premiere peacekeeping ship of its day KDY would have had to have made a small (comparatively) wedge-shape ship to prove the design An ~= 100m wedge. Having the parts from a crashed YT I add the Totally Cool off-set cockpit, and re-engineer for mandiblies (ease of cargo, docking, a weapon bay). In the belly to the rear I find girders and hollow beside the re-actor and make a-wing bays. I dug up a shield gen and mounted it on a retractable platform. I have std. shields but when under heavy attack I can raise an ISD style ball gen and projector to make me near invincible. A YT can fly rings around me but I'll fly rings around a carrack-class cruiser with comparable firepower and armour. A neb-B will be a pushover!

Originally posted by Papa Roached:

As Han said "Who's gonna fly it, you?" IN my opinion that thing sounbds like a death trap.

Archived