Home

Headhunters

Guest ZealoT

Guest ZealoT

Were there any Z-95s in the Star Wars movies? I didn't notice any but wondered wot its supposed to look like. The original XWA Z95 looked kinda weird, then the patch makes it look like a rounded off X-Wing. It looks much better but significantly different.

------------------

[GOGA]ZealoT

U've been ZealoTed

The Z-95 is supposed to appear in Episodes 2&3. At that point the most powerful starfighters in the galaxy. The Y-Wing and Dreadnaught are supposed to appear in Episodes 2&3 too I believe. But this is not 100% confirmed yet

------------------

The Rebel Alliance. They're the best. Enough said. The Empire sucks. Too much said.

http://go.to/rebelguardians

hockeypro1@aol.com

Guest YT-2000

Greetings, pilots...

How could the Z-95 be the most powerful starfighter at that time? Even those yellow Naboo fighters look more powerful than that... thing!

BTW, I like your principals, Rebel Loyaltist.

the N-1 is a lightly armored, ligtly shieled, fast fighter with 2 lasers and 1 proton topedo launcher, and no hyperdrive. Very limited range fighter. Notice, it took only 1 shot from a Trade Fed. Tank to knock one of those things out. Also, except for in battle, the Naboo fighter is almost allways on auto-matics.

The Z-95 is a slightly slower craft, but much more manuverable, and had beter shilds and armor... but still nothing comapred to the X-wing

Guest DarthHulkster

Hey if the Y-Wing is spose to be in episode II and III, wouldn't it be covered unlike in IV, V, VI. I read that big book of vehicles and it showed a pic of it with plating covering the exposed wires.

Guest Silencer

I believe that in the Han Solo trilogy, they were refered to as being {new...

Hmm. Not as old as the Z, but I don't think they'd be new even then. I could be wrong smile.gif

------------------

Silencer

What do you mean you depressed the button marked 'destruct'?

Guest Topace

I have to defend the N1 Starfighter in one of the cases layed before us here.

The tank could also have knocked down an X-Wing in that situation.

In some of the STAR WARS books the situation is shown as follows, the shields of some of the ships don't work correctly in an athmosphere.

I know there are other opinions but I just state facts here.

GA_Topace

----------------------

The chances of successfully attacking a Star Destroyer are.............................

Thanks

Guest Ms. Talon

Just a couple of points:

- The N-1 DOES have a hyperdrive, but it IS a 'light'-fighter.

- I've always wondered why the X-Wing, in the game at least, has such poor agility and acceleration, when compared to MANY of the other fighters!? It doesn't seem to give credence to it's status as the mainstay and prefered fighter of the Rebel Alliance.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

[This message has been edited by Ms. Talon (edited August 25, 2000).]

Guest Ms. Talon

Yes, but in the novels and elsewhere it always talks about the excellent overall performance of the X-Wing, but the stats, especially the acceleration and its agility, are actually very poor. It's supposed to be the most advanced non-Imperial fighter until the advent of the E-Wing, but there are plenty of other fighters that has far better overall performance to it.

I really like the look of the X-Wing, that's why I really wished it was a hotter ship to fly, at least one that matches its reputation.

------------------

gototalon@home.com

http://members.home.net/gototalon

Archived