Home

How can I modify Dark Trooper's textures

Leviathan

Hello world !

Is there somebody who could help me, here ?...

I want to change the dark trooper's textures : The body and the jetpack.

I've read the tutorial about the "reskinning" of the Ewoks on "http://www.gametoast.com", but I don't know the "Hex editing", so I've got a problem ...

For infos, I've got my modified ".DDS" files under the hand. I've used the "nVidia Texture Tools" to convert original ".DDS" files in ".TGA" and new ".TGA" in ".DDS". Then, I've compiled these ".DDS" files in ".LVL" file format with BCompiler. But I can't continue because I have to use the "Hex Editing"...

So, please help me !...

I await your answers !...

Dark Trooper is a hard one.

I was going to make a skin pack, but I still have some trouble with a couple of skins. I can replace Dark Trooper in the .lvl file, but half of the actor is colored and the other parts default to black texture. I don't know why, so I'm just waiting to see if something to help me comes out. But all other skins in the imp.lvl I can get to work. Also, Super Battledroid. No matter which lines of text I edit in the cis.lvl file, Super Battlerdroid stays the same. It can only do this if it's getting its information from some other file or a line in the .lvl file I can't identify.

As far as the Hex stuff, Gametoast has all the info you need to retexture. It's there, you have to read the stuff. No one is going to hold your and do it for you. Let me put it to you like this. See the photo below? I had no clue how to use a Hex Editor. I spend a little on Gametoast and the result is down below. Good luck!

Vinnygreen.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Only the A4R4G4B4 textures of the Darktrooper must be modified to see your modifications. The DXT3 and A8R8G8B8 textures are optional to change. They represent the light's effect on the armor, so a "second skin" placed UNDER the skin affiliated with the A4R4G4B4 textures.

With this, my modifications have worked : Now, my darktrooper is red.

Archived