Home

n00b question...

Yahoo.s2f

about installing mods.... (dont have the energy to look through the entire modsection)

Im used to install mods into a separate mod folder (in other games that is) and start the mod from a separate startfile and when started the serverlist shows only the modded servers :) is this the case with SWBF mods as well or do one have to replace the org. files with the modfiles?

/Yahoo @ 05:10am and ZZZZzzzzleepy ;)

Well until Pandemic makes some way to put mods in seperate folders (like JKA) The . dat folders must be replaced with modified versions. Always make sure you back up the original and it's good to look at the read me with the mod closely so as not to get rid of things that don't need to be gotten rid of. Also, the mod will always be there unless you remove the file and replace it with the original. There is no mod loading screen as of now. Not sure about online play, but I know that the server selection screen doesn't really detect mods.

Gererall info regarding mods: As of now, there is only two mods/maps that will show up on the list not interfering with originals. The first one is TAT3 (Jabba) and the second one is MOD1 which community uses to test their mods. The problem is that there is only one MOD1 (think of it as a slot) so if you for example download my mod designated as MOD1 and Guru's mod designated as MOD1 then, one will overwrite another.

We are almost at the point to understand how to add unlimited numbers of mods. The whole problem is checksum of some kind. If any of you want to help solving this problem, go to the site from my signature and in forums look for Adding New Levels.

Eddie.

Archived