Home

Kotor Ii Omg Major Glitch???

NavahoJoe

Alright, here's the deal. I'm wondering if this is a major glitch or not. I've had the game since tuesday and while playing i kept wondering why i was getting hit all the time, so I decided to do a little investigating. When I try to use force armor (which is supposed to raise defense and all saving throws by 6), it shows that it raises my saving throws, but my defense stays at the exact same level of 21. The same goes for Knight Speed. Upon using it I run twice as fast and I get an extra attack per round, but it is also supposed to raise defense by 4, and on both the equipment and alignment screens, my defense remains at 21. I thought maybe the defense isn't showing it is being raised but actually is, so I tried it out for Force Valor, which raises all stats by 3. Well it raised my dex by 3 which gave me a +1 modifier, and wouldn't you know it on my defense it shows it raised 1 from 21 to 22. Anyone have an explanation for this, or has anyone else experienced this?

It probably has with stacking to do. I'm not familiar with how it works in TSL but in KotOR I think it was a maximum of +10 defence from various items. If you had +10 bonus to your defence, the force powers would not give you a defence bonus since you only can only get a maximum of +10. That didn't make alot of sense I think, so I will just move back to my corner and continue to watch...

nope, because if i cast force valor which raises my dex by 3, i get a +1 to defense. So if that power will show a raise in defense, it means i'm not at my limit and therefore so should force armor / master speed. Also, I made a remade a new character who still did not even have clothing (so no defense bonuses at all). I chose the first level of force armor (force shield I think), and it also did not raise defense by the 2 it said it would. in KOTOR I, there was a limit to how high your defense could get, but if I remember right it was like 35 or 36. something along those lines. but my defense right now is 21....and using force armor which is specifically designed to raise defense doesn't raise it AT ALL.

I've been screwing around with this all day trying to figure out what is going on, and the only thing I can come up with is that they fumbled up big time. It would be extremely helpful if other people would test out this theory and see if they have the same results. I can't imagine that they would let something slip that was this big but so far it seems they did.

If you give the character +3 DEX when you have an even number in DEX to begin with, it is working as it should. 12 DEX (example) + 3 DEX = 15 DEX. And since you get +1 defence per every even number, it is working as it should. Or, at least I think it is.

About the new character and all, I have no explanation for. I would try, but I haven't got the game yet...

it's not the knight valor (+3 points) i'm concerned about. that is working properly. It is the force armor which is supposed to add 6 to defense, and master speed, which is supposed to add 4 to defense. neither of those powers are adding any defense bonus. In fact, the fact that the knight valor shows a raise in defense, yet force armor and master speed doesn't, is what is leading me to believe that the force armor and master speed powers are defective. (read my first post again last 4 lines)

I'm surprised more people aren't concerned with this. I haven't seen any proof to discredit the fact that those powers are bugged. and if they really are then all of us were sold a gyped product. Personally, I loved the defense bonus force armor and master speed gave in KOTOR I and right now i'm real pissed that i was sold a bugged product where these powers wont work in this game.

I do belive they main reason for this: OE hated the lightside powers for being so defensive, so instead of trying to "fix" them, they just decided to negate the effects.

You should try out those darkside powers though; 3rd tier Lightning is crazy(I killed something like 10 guys with it once), Death Field, Force scream, etc., they're pretty damn good.

Archived