Home

Character Creation help

BuzzHonkyFresh

Possible Spoilers...no need to use the tags though.

I have a very strong character. His STR is 24 I believe (with all the bonus') but he misses a lot in melee combat. This is obviously because I dont have enough of a certain attribute. But what is that attribute? What attribute dictates hit/miss ratio in melee combat. DEX? CON? I got no clue.

Please help.

According to the prima stratergy guide far KotOR2: TSL.

Strength (STR):melee attack rolls, melee damage rolls, critical strike stun DC

Dexterity(DEX): ranged attack rolls,relux saves, defence, stealth skill roles.

Constitution (CON): vitality, Fortiude saves.

Intelligance(INT): number of skill points received each level, computer use/demolitions/Repair/Security skills, sniper shot stun DC

Wisdom(WIS):Awearness/ Treat injury Skill, Will saves,Force points, Force power saves DC.

Charisma(CHA): Persuade skill,Force power saves DC, attack and saves of conpanions.

If you meant the original there are some differances

like demolition skill is helped with DEX

• 2 weeks later...

Dexterity *only* helps ranged attacks, or characters with the Finesse: Melee Weapons or Finesse: Lightsabers feat. Str increases your attack bonus. Just equip and unequip an item that gives +2 Str and you'll see your attack bonus increase and decrease accordingly.

In general I would rate Dex far above Str, unless you're going for an armor-wearing Jedi. Personally I like to play with armor occasionally (plus I really hate the look of the robes in this game for some reason - great from the front, but from the back they look really stupid to me). With only robes, your Dex mod isn't capped, therefore you can have huge bonus to both hit *and* defense, simply by taking the Finesse: Lightsabers feat, and bringing that dexterity up. The only disadvantage will be the lack of damage bonus from Str, but all things considered...by level 16 I had a lightsaber that did 19-56 damage, if I remember right. I don't think a bonus of +7 or so damage is that much of a difference when you get to that point. It adds up, but certainly worth less than the increased defense (dex characters usually have higher AC than Str characters, as far as I can tell. Would be nice if the armor were cranked up to make there actually BE an advantage to wearing it).

Archived