Home

Any progress?

Kurgan

Hey there Raz, sorry I haven't been in contact much lately, but I've been busy with school, work and other things. I pop in the forums every so often to check on things but I just don't have the time to waste like I used to.

Anyhoo, hope the project is going well. Have you made anymore progress getting a basic to work server-side only?

I haven't hosted a server in 5 months now, waiting for your release to get the bugs worked out. Not that I've had the bandwidth to spare really, but I didn't want to rent a server only to be forced to mod it 24/7 to make sure people didn't ruin Siege by "cheating" (exploits, unbalanced teams).

That "CL_Parsepacketentties" error sounds very odd. Did you ever figure that one out?

I realize you had a problem for awhile of lack of servers to test the thing on, even after you got access to a linux box to make compiles on. Anyway, do you need another PR campaign to get some more servers? 'Cause I'll gladly post that up if you need it. If you don't see me posting here, you can reach me Via PM. I check ICQ at least once a day if I remember but I'm not on it all the time.

Or email me. Just let me know. I look forward to hearing about the latest!

As mentioned in this thread, I'm pretty sure I've found the root of the server only problems.

If you're willing to lose the visualweapons feature of OJP, you can fix the problem by simply deleting the netf_overrides.txt in the ext_data/MP folder.

Hopefully I'll get around to making a more perminate fix soon. I'm in the middle of finals week and don't have much time to work on the mod right now. Same goes at least the next week or some since I'll be visiting relatives.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by razorace

Well, I didn't know that. Anyway, we will see. I'm not sure how SP does that so it would take some investigation. For now, I'm going to worry about stuff that is more immediate and obvious to CoOp first.

....and doesn't require cheats.

sheesh.

Archived