Home

Fighter Squadrons on the Internet!

Guest Chris_Lightwalker

Guest Chris_Lightwalker

Can anyone suggest a Fighter Squadron on the internet who use X-Wing Alliance, i want to show my fighter skills and can be a great asset to any squadron if you need support against enemy ships?

Guest Ze Ayatolahawk of Anarchy

Chris, i can tell that you are new just like me. My hint is that you try to walk away from posting those type of messages, you'll just get your head chopped off from bigheads, ive already had that done to me. So, just some advice.

------------------

Ze Ayatolahawk of Anarchy

Never kick sumbodies ass unless you are sure there are a thousand more benefits apart from having the benefit.

Bite your head off? i think that is a bit harsh.

First of all, if you have never played online before, you will be beat by someone with online experaince... players fly NOTHING like the AI. So do *NOT* think you are the hottest pilot around, because you are not.

The best thing to do to find a XWA online group is go to www.zone.com and go into the XWA game rooms. Try to find a group that has been around for at least a year, has over 10 active members, and plays in the week of war (and if they can finish in the top 20 IN the Week of war)

Be prepared for a sound beating, and be willing to learn how to become one of the best

Guest Chris_Lightwalker

I have tried it before, first time against friends with a seriel connection who had experience, beat the s**t out of him.

Guest Darth Massacator

Kinnison,

I keep forgetting to ask you about the Zone. I played it waaaaay back when XvsT first came out (even joined Case's Gaming Ladder), but at the time, there weren't "too" many cable/dsl/isdn users that frequented the game.

Quite frankly, I have no ambitions of going over there now with my USSlowBotics 56k (26.4 connect, but it's a clean one). But I heard some scuttlebutt that even if you do have dsl/cable, that the host of the game will still get smoked in a game, even with a decent pc.

Say it isn't so Kinnison, please? Please tell me that in the next few months, when I get dsl, that I'll have some pretty good games at the Zone regardless if I'm hosting or not ....pretty please?

This is called "Host lag" it is a major factor in all XWA games on the net.

The host gets a lagged view of the game... and needs to learn how to compensate with experiance. Typically for a bad connection i might have to "lead" my targets by more then 20 degrees to hit them. It gets worse as the speeds of the opponent increases.

That is why most "official" matches on the zone are done in a 5/5 format. One person hosts for 5 minutes, the other hosts for antoher 5, total score of both matches wins

it gets more complex when you have 2v2 matches or a Non-melee game

Fine, Ill break his head off. biggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Yeah the popular sqads are easy to join for newbies. Thats how most sqad members join.First thing you should do is go to a Squad Recruitment Room on the Zone, ask for their webpage(most sqads have it) and look through everything.If you think that this sqad is for you,you can join them.You may have to take a skill test to join though.

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

it gets more complex when you have 2v2 matches or a Non-melee game

The host actually has an advantage in 2vs2 games. Host camping is pretty common

in the WoW. I have seen good players getting slaughtered because they had a 300ms

ping and the hosts wingman had a 40ms ping.

Guest Starflame

First I think it's better to introduce myself. I was previously known as CM_Starflame before I recently retired. I've been playing XWA on the zone for almost 2 years.

I can tell ya first off, that skill matters more than connection. I have a 33.3 k dial up and a bad ISP, and I would go 25-2 w/l in the WoWs with over a 2.0 k/d. If you want to know ANYTHING about XWA mp, just ask. Btw K_Kinnosan is correct in what he said, and XvT is still on the zone.

The CM (Crimson Mercenaries) is a great clan that has several squadrons.

Located at: http://www.crimsonmercenaries.com

Here are some other clans you might want to think about if you don't like the CM:

NRN at http://www.nrnr.net

SW (screaming wookies) can't remember their page sorry . . .

Well thats all I have at the moment, I could name off a ton of other clans (mostly crappy ones), but I don't have their websites.

Starflame

Guest Starflame

One more thing, if you think your good just because you have a good conn, I'll be sure to accept any challenges. I would guess there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell that anyone here could beat me in a 1v1 T/I 5/5 match . . .

Starflame

Archived