Home

XW or TF missions for XWA?

edlib

This is my first post to this board, so please be patient (and kind) if I'm asking a question that's been asked a zillion times, but what I want to know is: Does anyone know how or where I could get some of the old X-Wing or Tie Fighter missions to play in XWA? Some of these missions were really cool (especially the Tie missions), and I'd love to be able to play them with the improved graphics and game engine of XWA. I feel like this may be something that someone out there has already done, but I haven't been able to find any info on it. So if any of you know about this, please reply. Thanks. Ed Liberatore.

Guest tie_ace666999

Well the wasy that I came across Xwa was the X-wing trilogy. Ive been playing the original X-wing and Tie games forever. When I saw them 3d-enhanced and better graphics i had to get them. And it was pure luck that i decided to put xwa in one day. If i were you id buy the x-wing tirklogy

Yeah, I've got the XW and TF collector's edition CD-ROMs, but compared to XWA (on my system, anyway)they seem slow and clunky. I was just hoping to be able to go through some of these missions again with the improved graphics, sound, force feedback support, and such. Oh well. Maybe I should get a mission editor program and teach myself how to do this. Thanks, Ed Liberatore.

Guest tie_ace666999

It's true that X-wing trilogy has X-Wing and Tie fighter collectors edition cd-roms, but they have enhanced graphics, they have XvT graphics, but with full 3d acceleration. Its like playing a whole new game. I definately recomend this package

Guest Scoundrel67

This is the place to go for AlliEd, the best editor out there that will allow you to recreate any mission from TIE Fighter you wish.

http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/troyd/

There are some interesting files out there you'll need for certain craft, but these are easy to find in any number of X-Wing fan sites.

Good hunting!

------------------

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I second the notion of buying the X-Wing Trilogy or if you have XWA buy the X-Wing Collector Series. I have the XWCS and it is awesome. The 3D accelerated XvT graphics aren't as good ad XWA's but they still look great. I just finished X-Wing and I'm fixing to play TIE Fighter after I play through XWA again.

------------------

My Dream, to fly a starfighter and destroy Imperial ships.

Archived