Home

The K-wing Fighter!

Guest Expert Rookie

Guest Expert Rookie

If you have the NCA patch.. you need to get the K-wing fighter. I swapped it with the Modified X-wing because I didn't use it too much. That sucker has a lot of firepower and works well too.

------------------

"Good, our first catch of the day."

-Captain of the ISD Tyrant, seen in the Empire Strikes Back

the fan made version of the K-wing will most likely be in NCA 2.0 (which is not out yet)

IMHO the K-wing is a "super" fighter, and does not follow how it was described in the Black fleet crises models.

But since i can't to crud with OPTing it is all i have

IMHO the K-wing is a "super" fighter, and does not follow how it was described in the Black fleet crises models.

IHMO, the only thing that keeps the K-wing from being a super fighter is the fact that it is slower than an X-wing and has a weaker hull than a B-wing. It carries a lot of fire power, yes, but it can't disable capital ships (unusual for a heavy fighter). Admittedly, the K-wing is far superior than any other heavy fighter, but it still has its hands full when engaged by multiple TIE Fighters. Not a true super fighter, IMO.

------------------

That's no moon, it's a SPAM Station

Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost

[This message has been edited by Abolisher (edited April 08, 2001).]

Guest Darksaber

Thanks Abolisher, for try to put these lot right.

As I made one of the Kwings that is out there, I didn't make it to be a super fighter and in my eye's it isn't. If you have any complaint about the stats for it, I suggest you contact one of your Admins "Nob Akimoto" about them, as he was the one who supplied the stats for my K-Wing in the first place!

------------------

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..... Then I came along!!!!

Darksaber's Opt Station

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

But since i can't to crud with OPTing it is all i have

you forgot that part DS. And the only part we have ever seen in action is in the novel. So even the best guess is probly right, but a guess is all we have.

I am just trying to inform the uneducated ppl here that dont take what you see in the K-wing OPT as how it really is, but a Fans idea

Guest Redwing

I have no clue how to use OPTs or ship patches. frown.gif Can anyone help me?

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Some of the POV values are mixed up. The actual numbers are correct, but some of the numbers are put next to the wrong coordinate axes in the ReadMe files. By looking at the cockpit in the game, I was able to tell that the numbers were on the wrong axes. So I moved the numbers (without changing values) around between the x, y and z axes according to what I saw and it worked. For some of the cockpits the number for the x-axis was actually the number for the y-axis and vice versa. Move the numbers a bit and you'll get it to work. Use the POV in the game to make educated guesses as to which numbers to move where.

------------------

That's no moon, it's a SPAM Station

Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost

Just to say that the labels for the POV in BHE have switched around in the past so not Darksabers fault (especially since he uses MXvTED mainly).

Guest DragonT

To those of you that designed or have flown the K-wing, Is it fixed winged or S-foils?

According to Star Wars principles it would have to be S-foils. All craft that have "wings" that extend below the fuselage fold upwards. I guess the reason would be because the repulsor lifts would have to have a whole lot of power and there would have to be a long landing strut under the nose of the craft to maintain balance when it is landed.

In all, I think the K-wing is the author's unimaginative contribution to Star Wars. Its cool to have new fighters, but over all it reminds me too much of the Gunboat in both shape and being an assault craft.

Thinking of the A-wing or B-wing, can someone explain to me how they look like their designated letter?

DragonT

Guest Ninja1138

I'm not sure about the b-wing, but the A-wing looks like an A from the top.

------------------

If the wind will not provide, take to the oars.

Guest Redwing

Look at the B-wing from the side, cockpit facing ---> and you can tell. (Ignore the cockpit shape.)

------------------

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi.

At last we will have revenge.

Archived