Home

XWA Upgrade rant

Guest Jabba The Hunt

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I know some of you here are part of the XWA Upgrade project and I know this should be in the upgrade forum (please just ive it a few days here) i want to see what people think and no one ever visits upgrade.

Im really pissed off with the upgrade project because you didnt tell us that we cant play multiplayer with it loaded on without dropping loads of packets - could you please put a warning on it before people download it/or solve the problem. Also can you hurry it up with the ties please i really want to fight decent looking ones.

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Jabba The Hunt:

didnt tell us that we cant play multiplayer with it loaded on without dropping loads of packets - could you please put a warning on it before people download it/or solve the problem

There's no loss if you play against others with that have it.

Q.: Will the enhanced graphics cause lag in multiplayer?

A.: No. In Internet and LAN games, only data on the position of objects and the like are sent over the cable, not the actual graphics themselves.

However, make sure everybody you're playing with has the patch installed. (Read next question for more info on that!)

Q.: Can I play with other players whom do not have the patch?

A.: It is now proven that it is not truly possible to play against players without the RFP because of the *.exe data difference, which tends to result in a major packet loss,

almost to the point of making the game unplayable. Of course, you can always do us a favor by promoting the XWAU for on-line, so that more XWA players will know

about the upgrade.

That's from the FAQ.

[This message has been edited by Nute Gunray (edited July 14, 2001).]

Archived