Home

Remote vs G0T0, the official explanation...

Cami-Wan

OOk. Got it. Wanna know what was really intended to happen in that final scene in Malachor V with Remote and G0-T0 in it? Our beloved assassin droid was supposed to save the day! Yes, in the StreamVoice\901\sensorfi folder of your game, several audio files indicate that just when poor little Remote was going to be terminated by "the fat-one", HK-47 jumped in scene to stop him. G0-T0 had some aces up its sleeve, too, as a bunch of HK-51 droids were there to protect him from -47. Nevertheless, those droids couldn't harm their predecessor, and followed only HK-47 commands, so they shut down the "fat-one" instead. Why did the droids obey -47 and why didn't we get to see this scene? One simple answer: because it involved actions taken out at the HK factory, which Goto controlled, and which was completely cut out from the game.

Some things you only know when diving into a mess of audio files....

There's a lot in those audio files. It looks as if they have enough there to double the size of the game, but got caught because they rushed KOTOR 2 out the door for the holiday season. Part of me hopes that the reason they included all these unused files was that Obsidian planned to use them in some kind of update that would add in all the deleted content as extra scenes or whatever, but I doubt it.

Perhaps the mod team can make some of those parts of the game that were cut work again?

I doubt Obsedian will be releasing anything. I don't even belive there will be a patch, because they are busy with NWN 2. Bioware lost interest in KOTOR too when they announced Jade Empire.

I only wish that Lucasarts would give Obsedian more time to finish the game. I wouldn't mind waiting for another month or two.

Archived